My Client: TheGigabit.com

kevin7

Nice! I like it a lot.  Some day I'll be able to do something like that.

Found a few things.....

1. 68 validation errors on the home page. No doctype specified is the root of a lot of them.

2. Payment method link shows a 404 not found.

3. "Who need webhosting?" section on homepage should read "Who needs webhosting?" (see I'm getting really picky now!)

Trust me I'm not being snotty..... you should see all the errors on my site and It's miles behind in design.... just trying to help and calm my jealousy!

Well done.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Using tables, no semantic html, not valid code, overuse of javascript is the reason I lowered your scored. If you fix that - I'd give you a 10. The images, flow of content is good, but the code is really important.

I can't imagine editing the php/css for that webpage when it uses tables!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to critique the actual business because the prices are awful, but I see this is your client so I'll stick to the design:

1) You need a native English speaker/writer to check the grammar on the entire site.

2) I'd avoid the usage of "we just launched" stuff.  People don't want to deal with a brand new company.  They want someone that has been around and has proven themselves.

3) What does a power button have to do with a hosting company?  The logo just seems off to me.  Way too many people are using that power logo.  How about something origional?  Honestly, it looks like you doctored a template.

4) Dead links.  I found more than one.  You should fix that.

5) On the menu items where you have a dropdown, the top level menu item should go somewhere.  Currently it goes to # or a 404.  That's really kind of stupid.

3) What does a power button have to do with a hosting company?  The logo just seems off to me.  Way too many people are using that power logo.  How about something origional?  Honestly, it looks like you doctored a template.

Agree with that. The power thing is overused and what does it mean for a hosting company? That all the services can be shut down with the press of a button? :P

For the site, ill give an optimistic 7/10. Its generally good, except some things like: that handshake photo behind the testimonials doesnt let u read the text, the banners take half of the site's content area and eventhough they arent linked, and also some of the mentioned issues. Anyway those can be fixed, but what lowers my score is the ive-seen-that-before look. Ive seen other hosting companies which have the same look and feel, and definitely thats not a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good critiques, I will work on it for my future project!

I'm mastering CSS tableless coding now.

Regarding to that Power Button... hehe, not good in graphic design hey?

If you observe it deeply, it's actually a G rotated 90 degree anti-clockwise! :P

So, I suppose to make a G in that sphere, and then.. yea why not make it look like a powerbutton instead.. haha... sorry if it made you puke...

thank for all the critiques and compliments!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.