Website Design Review

erichar11

Hi all, please take a look at a site I redesigned for a friend.  Took a couple of days as it only consist of a couple of pages.  Everything is working except the shopping cart (actually being able to order since the merchant account is not officially approved).  Hopefully tomorrow.

What I would like to know is if there are any problems with various browsers. Thanks for the help and review.  The site is www.onevoicerecordings.com

I am impressed by your html. It is rather, rather semantic.  ;) Good job!

I like the website overall. Since I am using ie6 I did not hear any music in the beginning... thank god! Maybe ie6 isn't that bad after all. Colors and whitespace all work out well. You may want to consider spicing the colors a bit up. They seem really "gloomy" to me.

Lastly, you should probably check out the "about us" page. It doesn't look right on IE6.

thanks for the comments.  Believe me, I would rather not have the sound autostart.  I hate that as I listen to music while I work.  Nothing worse than surfing and have music start to blast when I visit a site.

But sometimes, you just have to do what the client wants. :-[

Looks really nice and clean.  But like everyone else said, I would probably have an option of playing the music rather than automatic.  I'm using FF3 and the site freezes until the audio is buffered all the way.  Good job though ;D

thanks everyone for the comments, I took ayok suggestion and turned down the audio player so it shouldn't be so "scary" ;)

I would love to not have the audio autostart but it's not my site, it's a friend.  He really wants it.  Believe me, I understand all the issues and it is not something I would ever do.  I originally had the sound not autostart and you had to press the play button to start it, he didn't like that.

So, the issue becomes how to convince this person that it's the wrong thing to do.  I have explained the problems and issues, but he doesn't really care.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.