AnswerSEO.com - Get free answers on SEO for your site - From experts!

jk11uk

Hi

I'm an SEO by trade, but thanks to some help now and again from this forum i've become quite interested in php. After about 250 hours work i've finally finished my site - www.answerseo.com

Its kind of like yahoo answers, but specifically for SEO. And i'll always be monitoring it, so if you need any SEO help for your site, just sign up and ask!

cheers

Don't forget to check CSS validation.

I too prefer centered layouts, personally. I'm not sure I like every link being bold. I would consider making them non-bold. The last thing is the colour of the rollover difference in colour. Have you considered perhaps having the links rollover as say green? I just find there is not a big enough rollover difference.

Other than that though.. nice looking site for sure. :)

Cheers,

NRG

It sounds really helpful, so I bookmarked it for later reference. :)

The navigation tabs are a bit dull. And I agree with the centered comment. Centered layouts are more symmetrical, asymmetrical is effective, but in this case it's not. It just needs more balance.

Oh and what is in the banner, the faded object. It looks weird.

But otherwise, very nice, and I'll keep that link in mind.

I kind of like that, maybe a little less drastic.  Or you could eliminate the fade and keep the center line that runs through the middle.  I also think your navigation needs a little more style, maybe add buttons, little graphics, I just don't the plain text links  :-\  But you should definitely keep it simple...

I kind of like that, maybe a little less drastic.  Or you could eliminate the fade and keep the center line that runs through the middle.  I also think your navigation needs a little more style, maybe add buttons, little graphics, I just don't the plain text links  :-\  But you should definitely keep it simple...

I'd add green tab-ish navigation, not plain text links that turn into a disgusting dark green when hovered over.  Your entire site is nice and brightly colored, except the nav links.

It doesn't look right in IE7 - the text on the right hand side should be in speech bubbles, right? - Well it isn't.

EDIT: Actually many things are messed up in IE7. Please check it!

Good catch. As sad as it is that IE is still heavily used, it is certainly a browser to keep testing on.

Interestingly enough, I opened the OP's site in IE 8 (and in this case, there is no compatibility button to toggle between IE 7 emulation and IE 8... So I suppose I am viewing this in IE 7 mode only?)

Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback, i'll be taking it all into consideration - but still got some coding things to fix as a priority over design :(

When you said there were a lot of things messed up in IE7, could you paste some URLs of other things? i could only find the right speech bubble things were weird....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.