Favorite genre of music?

DarkWater

Irish folk is my #1

Flogging Molly? :)

Yea they're good.  Along with Dropkick and Real Mckenzie's.  But I mainly like real actual irish, like wylde nept, Langer's ball, etc.  Here's a sample:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=213843021

(Note: I'm sure others may have a different definition of 'real irish')

Irish folk is my #1, then metal such as soad, serj, scars on broadway, disturbed, marylin manson, etc.

Did we just become best friends? I love all them except marylin manson. System of a Down has been a real favorite of mine, Serj solo is pretty good, and Scars on Broadway is alright. I am actually wearing a SOAD shirt right now. I also own all their albums, I just really like them. :D

What's wrong with Manson? He's actually a pretty talented artist.

My favourite genre is Industrial Metal. Nine Inch Nails and Rammstein are my favourite bands. Marilyn Manson is awesome as well. I loved Alice Cooper for a while, still like his music but he isn't #1 for me.

I like a lot of 70's rock. Can't stand anything from the 80's really...

Quite a mixture...

Air, Arctic Monkeys, Avril Lavigne, Black Sabbath, Christina Aguilera, Citizen Cope, DJ Shadow, Death Cab for Cutie, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer Trio, Jurassic 5, Led Zeppelin, Maceo Parker, Oasis, Pink Floyd, Prince, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Ray Charles, Talib Kweli, Tenacious D, The Beatles, The Black Keys, The Hoosiers, The Roots, The White Stripes, The Wombats

...theres more, but I can't be arsed.

Amon Tobin, NIN, Stars of the Lid, Genesis, Sasha/Digweed, Radiohead, Clint Mansell, Mogwai, Calexico, Del Tha Funky Homosapien.  there are really a zillion, but i'd say one of the biggest chunks of music i listen to is electronic (house, electro, or trance).  i'm a big fan of good live sets, especially since it makes for excellent background music while programming.

I always have music on while I program or do homework. xD

My teacher says its bad to have music on whilst doing homework, but I do anyway. Man I'm a rebel. It's just so much easier. If I'm doing homework though I'll listen to something a bit more 'easy' like Massive Attack.

My teacher says its bad to have music on whilst doing homework, but I do anyway. Man I'm a rebel. It's just so much easier. If I'm doing homework though I'll listen to something a bit more 'easy' like Massive Attack.

Maybe you should consider a teacher that doesn't make stuff up?

Maybe you should consider a teacher that doesn't make stuff up?

Can't choose my teachers. :P It's just VCE teachers really. Last year, big exams are in process. Studying is important and a lot of them think that music is just a distraction.

in a lot of cases, it is.  it has to be the right type of music, and you have to be the right type of listener.  some music i just can't work to; other music, i can bash out a technical paper in a few hours with.

hear hear on the massive attack.  i wonder if they'll ever release anything new.

Your teacher is right. Studies found that if you're studying for a test and listening to music at the same time, in order to get a memory trigger, you'd probably have to listen to that very same music while doing your exam.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.