I...

waynewex

I have 3 macs and have ever had a problem with any of them.

Fanboys are annoying regardless of what they're fans of, but people that always bitch about fanboys are more annoying.

In my opinion, fanboys need to be put in their place at every possible moment. I repeat... every possible moment.

I will, however, be quite perfectly honest and say that I usually don't bitch about fanboys... but still, I certainly wouldn't knock anyone for doing so, or refer to them as "more annoying". Fanboys to me are like fundamentalists... extremist fractious little creatures that need to stfu. And anyone that works towards helping them do that is A-ok in my book.

Also... to the person who said "burn" or whatever... That burn would only apply to me if I was a fanatical fanboy basher.

They should change their logo to a hamburger...  Then I would think about getting one...  Wait, nah I still wouldn't.

Free big mac with every mac purches.

They wouldnt really be fanboys then would they ....... More like Fatboys! LMFAO

They should change their logo to a hamburger...  Then I would think about getting one...  Wait, nah I still wouldn't.

Here you go. The new BigMac Pro.

Edit: Uploaded better version with correct background color for burger logo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fanboys are annoying regardless of what they're fans of, but people that always bitch about fanboys are more annoying.

I agree.  I mean, I can understand laughing about it, but annoyed enough to hate it and get "boiled" by it and post hate messages about it?  Are they doing anything to harm you?  Do you throw molotov cocktails at trekkie conventions?  Lose sleep at night because of all the insidious renaissance festivals going on?  Send death threats to churches?  Maybe (and this is just a suggestion) your anger stems from jealousy, for not having found something to believe in or at least enjoy as much as other people. 

I take that back.  You seem to be a fanboy of hating fanboys.  Paradoxical...

It took you over six minutes to come up with that one. The sad thing is that after you wrote it, you probably smiled to yourself, thinking "HA. NOW I'VE GOT EM".

Maybe (and this is just a suggestion) your anger stems from jealousy, for not having found something to believe in or at least enjoy as much as other people. 

I'm sorry... but Forum Board Psychiatry isn't going to take off anytime soon.

Fanboys to me are like fundamentalists... extremist fractious little creatures that need to stfu. And anyone that works towards helping them

So, the correct response to fundamentalism is....more fundamentalism?

Fundamentalism: "the interpretation of every word in the sacred texts as literal truth"

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

It took you over six minutes to come up with that one. The sad thing is that after you wrote it, you probably smiled to yourself, thinking "HA. NOW I'VE GOT EM".

Maybe (and this is just a suggestion) your anger stems from jealousy, for not having found something to believe in or at least enjoy as much as other people. 

Actually, my 2nd post was more of a concession to my first, not a "HA. NOW I'VE GOT EM" post.  That's where the whole "I take that back..." part came in.  Thanks for playing.  Please try again.

I think what Ginger probably meant was, responding to fanaticism with fanaticism.  Which is pretty much what I said when I said you are a fanboy of hating fanboys.

Actually, my 2nd post was more of a concession to my first, not a "HA. NOW I'VE GOT EM" post.  That's where the whole "I take that back..." part came in.  Thanks for playing.  Please try again.

BS. You and I both know that it was a simple case of you not being happy enough with your first attempt.

I appreciate the level of 'deepness' you're trying to accredit me with, but I'm afraid I would not be able to sleep at night, knowing that I have been put on a pedestal under false assumptions.  Not too long ago, you got all pissy because Dan and I decided to assume things about posts you made, instead of just taking it at face value.  Perhaps you should take your own advice, here.  I'd sure hate to consider you as one to adhere to something as base as hypocrisy.

If you want to justify being fanatic about hating fanboys, then by all means, go ahead.  Most fanatics aren't just blindly extremist about their views; they, too, justify their behavior. 

Not too long ago, you got all pissy because Dan and I decided to assume things about posts you made, instead of just taking it at face value.  Perhaps you should take your own advice, here.  I'd sure hate to consider you as one to adhere to something as base as hypocrisy.

If you want to justify being fanatic about hating fanboys, then by all means, go ahead.  Most fanatics aren't just blindly extremist about their views; they, too, justify their behavior.

No. I got all "pissy" because you and Dan decided to lynch me because of the fact that my post relied heavily on the reader being able to assume what I was talking about.

Also, how am I a fanatic? I don't actually literally hate fanboys, just so you know. People use the word "hate" everyday to describe their casual dislike of trivial things.

fanatic:

- A person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal..

- A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm..

- Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea..

- A person motivated by irrational enthusiasm...

- Pertaining to, or indicating, fanaticism; extravagant in opinions; ultra; unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic...

In my opinion, fanboys need to be put in their place at every possible moment. I repeat... every possible moment. [....] Fanboys to me are like fundamentalists... extremist fractious little creatures that need to stfu. And anyone that works towards helping them do that is A-ok in my book.

Seems like the appropriate word.  I am open for alternative words.  How would you label your statements?