re-launch for new year

jcombs_31

So you finally decided on the template? :D

Site looks extraordinary except one thing, what are those lines in the body.jpg? That makes the template baad. Oh and when you press on either "View Website" or "View Details" there is this invisible red box outline appearing on the left.

It feels like you over did it. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the website and the look in general! It simply looks awesome, but everything seems to be way overdone. In your portfolio, the pictures of the website are repeated three times. The effect gets annoying after the second selection.

I think you should go for a more conservative template. Something simple and neat. Use a bit more of whitespace.

Ask yourself, is it really necessary to have a silver band around your logo? Is that really part of your logo, or is that to add flair?  ???

Well done. :)

Overall, I don't think it's over done at all.. relatively clean and simple.

The background banding is making the central piece look slightly out of place however (the banding in the bg is horizontal, yet the central part is vertical. As a result, we see the difference and thus we can tell where one stops and the other begins.

I also agree with the duplicate thumbnails comment... I think a singular one would work better in this situation. Looks like you are trying to over-compensate for lack of content by using the same thumbnails twice or more (although I know you're not).

All in all, very clean and nicely done.

Thanks for the comments.  The concept was actually supposed to be different for the thumbnails.  Originally they were angled like on the main page and then I decided to keep them straight.  The two in the background were actually supposed to be different pages shown, but I got lazy. I can rethink that part a little or go with the original plan.

I like it. I do agree with that it's slightly too much, in things like the repeated thumbnails. Laregly though it's very nice to browse through and extremely easy to navigate.

On your portfolio page there are a few bugs though. If you click read more, then read more again (and however many times more you want) the list goes blank. Also when using the arrows to navigate through the sites when you pass the last one on the first page, the list doesn't update to the next page.. Not exactly massive issues but something you may want to sort later..

A

You are correct MrAdam, I actually knew about these things and just haven't fixed them yet.  I probably should have before launching, but I wanted to get it online and figured I can fix these small details in the coming days.  Thanks for pointing it out though.

Looks good.

I would like to see the logo a bit bigger. Currently the very top of the website looks a little sparse. A bigger logo and Multi.... text would help.

I would like to see the "Featured Project" be randomised. Every page refresh should show a new featured project.

I would like to see the main navigation to show which page a person is on.

So if somone clicks on "contact" and they are on the "contact" page, I think the contact button on the nav should be highlighted.

Anyways, its very nice....as with all your work. Hopefully the above will be a few proactive suggestions.

-steve

Looks good.

I would like to see the logo a bit bigger. Currently the very top of the website looks a little sparse. A bigger logo and Multi.... text would help.

I'm not a big fan of overpowering logos and text on the page.

I would like to see the "Featured Project" be randomised. Every page refresh should show a new featured project.

But wouldn't that be "Random Project" instead of featured?  I was thinking I'd just show off latest work as the "Feature"

I would like to see the main navigation to show which page a person is on.

So if somone clicks on "contact" and they are on the "contact" page, I think the contact button on the nav should be highlighted.

You are right, I should fix that. Thanks for the detailed critique.  I do agree the top is a little sparse, but I kinda wanted to utilize white space and keep the layout pretty simple.  I can always make subtle changes or do something instead of the free quote button.

Jeff, it looks really good. Much better and sleeker than the old one, in my opinion. I don't think that the nav buttons should have the hover effect when hovering over the button reflections. It seems more natural to me that the hover effect is only activated when you hover over the button itself. It might be slightly more complicated to code though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.