[SOLVED] I Really Need A MD5 Auto Decrypter, Please Help!!

jamesxg1

Hello People,

Ok Basically With The Script Im Making The Admin View All The Customers Details,

But I When I View There Password From Admin Its MD5 Encrypted.

And I Dont Know How To Decrypt It :S,

When The User Registers The PHP Register Script Does Automatically MD5 Encode It And Store It To The DB But How Do I Temp De-Code It For My Viewing ?,

Many Thanks

James.

You are really getting into account registration design theroy, mine is

1) Fill out registration form with captcha and their pw of their choice

2) Verify inputs in the form

3) In verification page send an email asking for email verification

4) They click email link account is now active

5) They login with the pw they originally selected

To recover pw a random 10 digit string is generated then md5ed and the non md5ed of it is emailed to the activated account

And Is There Any Way Of Logging How Many Wrong Password They Enter ?.

Sure, if someone tries to login and fails, then store it in a column in the DB.

We would need some more information, and you're better off starting a new thread.

Ok Well I Would Like To Go For The Idea Of Capturing The Password Before It Is MD5 En-Coded But How Would I Go About This So That The User Cannot See It And There Is No Vunrability ?

Nope. The moment you do anything with the non-MD5ed version of the password, you create potential vulnerabilites.

Note: Capitalizing every word puts you in the top 5 percentile of annoying when communicating in text.

In a user system, an administrator account can directly perform any action that a user could and there is no need to know or have the user's password. Being logged in as an administrator should allow you access to an administrator's "control panel" page that you have written where you can select a user and view or modify any of that user's data.

Yes Thats Exactly How My Registration System Is Except I Use 15 Character/Numberal Hash Code For There Lost Password.

And Is There Any Way Of Logging How Many Wrong Password They Enter ?.

Can you please stop posting each word beginning with a capital letter? Your making my eyes bleed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.