registration bug

There's a bug in the registration process that almost kept me from being able to register.

When you register, if you don't have the password set for upper AND lower case letters and numbers, it tells you that you didn't type in the captcha correctly.

I kept trying the captcha, and even listened to it. Had the right one the entire time.  I just didn't notice for a while that the password required some upper case letters too.  Mine was all lower case with numbers.

Or is this just phpfreak's iq test for participation?

It could be...but I doubt it. I think if you miss the first (few) times you try a different format from what you were doing. Generally it is either case insensitive or case sensitive, if one fails try the other.

As for me, anytime I do a captcha I try to match case, as that will work either way.

It could be...but I doubt it. I think if you miss the first (few) times you try a different format from what you were doing. Generally it is either case insensitive or case sensitive, if one fails try the other.

As for me, anytime I do a captcha I try to match case, as that will work either way.

I don't think you quite understood my post.

The captcha I was using was right each time, but the error was that my password hadn't had a mix of upper and lower characters.  It was all lowercase and numbers.

The registration page was bouncing it back to me but telling me I wasn't entering the right catpcha.

I think what he is trying to say is that his password was invalid, and it was giving him the capture error instead of the password error.  That is an SMF forum problem I would say.

He specifically said that it was during the registration process.

I think what he is trying to say is that his password was invalid, and it was giving him the capture error instead of the password error.  That is an SMF forum problem I would say.

He specifically said that it was during the registration process.

yeah, and he is getting the capture error for his password being invalid.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.