cubevision

arneman

It's not terrible, but it's not exactly good. It seems to lack any proper style and just have a very simple gray and white table layout. When you first log on you have absolutely no idea what it's for, where did the name "Cubevision" come from? Why is there a sphere logo next to the text cube? what does "Cubevision" have to do with HTML / CSS / JS tutorials and scripts? It's things like that leave you slightly confused.

And I don't want to be harsh but, the tutorial content from what I've read so far isn't very good quality, not to mention it seems to be quite similar to that of w3schools.com. Personally I'd scrap the tutorials for now if you can't describe them properly and completely in your own words.

Coming back to your site. The navigation is very poor, during a tutorial there's no easy / obvious way to view the next chapter, plus whilst viewing "projects" you feel lost in a world of 'sub-directory' links. I think a thumbnail strip would be ideal in these situations...

The HTML behind your site as I'm sure someone will point out in greater deal, is written poorly. It's not optimized for search engines and it doesn't even validate - which begs the question, why are you writing a tutorial on HTML if you can't even write valid HTML yourself?

If I were you I'd try to create a more interesting design, with completely re-written (X)HTML using DIVS and CSS for layout as apposed to tables. Re-do the logo to something that has some kind of resemblance to the name, or the company image. Ditch the tutorials. To be honest there's not much point in writing a HTML tutorial anyway, type "HTML tutorial" into Google there's over 27 million results, what's point in trying to compete? Find something unique, perhaps concentrate on producing scripts or promoting your own software more?

Sorry if I sounded harsh at any point, though you did ask for critique...

Adam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.