Need help moving forward with this design

forumnz

I think the baby blue is too light.  I prefer deeper colors that have more impact.  I'm also not a big fan of the bubble type. Have you looked around at other hosting websites? Mediatemple.com does a pretty good job.  As far as I'm concerned a hosting site should have a modern technology theme.  Think servers, datacenter, corporate. Looks like you tried to start with a splatter grunge background, bubble text and very light blue. Not sure where you are going with the actual content area.  Come up with a decent wireframe first, and build on it.  I think it is a good idea to visit many hosting sites and see what they are doing.

It doesn't look very "professional" I know that might sound harsh but bubble text and a splattered image that you have right now yells "kids game to me" (miniclip.com) and not hosting. Check out godaddy.com for some ideas.  I think their new interface looks very professional.

I would be cautious with the wording of Priceless. Most people I know live by the phrase "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is", so it's likely that if I stumble upon your site in a Google search, I might find the next search result.

I wonder what others think of this?

Also, you're sites purpose is to advertise your HOSTING services, then why is it called Priceless WEBSITES, again, in a Gogole search when scanning the names of the sites, yours would not stand out if I was looking for hosting.

ILMV

Although it's changed now, I've seen the original design (I didn't have the time to reply then). Kind of like others have said, I think the style you were going for didn't really match what your business was for - so I'm glad you're going in a new direction.

The new design I'd say is more on track, but still doesn't quite fit. Also the definition of priceless states 'free of charge. zero cost'. I wouldn't label your product free of charge considering when you click the "Free?" link there's a price in there.

Thanks for the posts everyone :)

MrAdam, what would you suggest? I am quite stuck at the moment.

I actually should have expanded on the first post a lot more.

We are actually going to provide free websites in exchange for a min 1-year hosting contract.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time everyone :)

Sam.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.