blog entry naming conventions :)

wendu

hey'a!

it's wendu here, with problems, d'oh :P

I'm keeping my own Wp blog, but I can't seem to decide how to name my blog's titles!! the issue is what terms to make with capital first letter and what not?

here's examples:

Mike and his new bike

or

Mike and his New Bike

or

Mike And His New Bike

or

Mike and HIS new bike

I'm so confused.. is there general rules what terms to capitalize? like the word "the" is better as "The"?

share and discuss this, please. thanks!  :P

There is not standard as far as blogs are concerned, but there is if you want to use correct grammar.  Why would you want to capitalize other letters?  I just don't understand any rationale behind it.

for the very same reason news articles, books and movie titles are capitalized.

how boring would this be

The lord of the rings

when it actually is

The Lord of the Rings

that's what I'm asking, how to know what words to make capital first letter and what not?

A book title is something different, you could follow the same rules if that is what you like.

certainly I would, but what are such rules?

I've seen that words like the, and, a, an aren't capitalized, but sometimes The is and it's all so very confusing.

A book title is something different, you could follow the same rules if that is what you like.

certainly I would, but what are such rules?

I've seen that words like the, and, a, an aren't capitalized, but sometimes The is and it's all so very confusing.

Yikes, really...?

There is not standard as far as blogs are concerned, but there is if you want to use correct grammar.  Why would you want to capitalize other letters?  I just don't understand any rationale behind it.

I believe the rationale is that when you are capitalizing things, it becomes more important. A title is important, thus you capitalize it. I usually do not use it though.

You've most likely seen 'The' and similar capitalized when somebody else has been using bad grammar, or when companies / organizations capitalize them as that initials part of an acronym.. but generally blog titles are only sub-titles of your web page and shouldn't be capitalized.

You've most likely seen 'The' and similar capitalized when somebody else has been using bad grammar, or when companies / organizations capitalize them as that initials part of an acronym..

I agree, unless the title starts with 'The'.

Typically no article (as in article adjective, not article as in a post) is capitalized unless it starts the name.  So a, an, the are not usually capitalized.

I'm not sure if I would follow the same naming conventions with blog posts as with book titles though....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.