non-php question concerning email ... maybe someone here has some email smarts

dsdsdsdsd

hello;

this question has nothing to do with php...

I have a webhosting account with a common webhosting company in California, and I believe that my account sits on a 'shared server'.

I have noticed that when I log into my account and send emails from that account, that a measurable percentage of the emails are never received by the recipients, but are instead ending up in their junkmails.

I called the webhost, and they say there is nothing that they can do.

QUESTION: is there anything that the webhost can do ... maybe the webhost's server signs the email header in such a way that email clients filter them???

any thoughts?

thanks,

Shannon

yeah I figured that somebody would be a complete jerk ... thanks Maq...

Why am I a jerk?  You specifically stated that your question has nothing to do with PHP but yet you still post in the PHP Coding Help.

Wow Maq, you are such a jerk. He asked a legitimate question and just posted it in a spot where it would be answered. I mean come on, it is not like he was acting against the Terms of Service or the Rules of the site.

For fucks sake man!

because php people have the knowledge to give insight into my indirectly-related problem ( if they wish that is ) ...

I stated "this question has nothing to do with php" for the sole purpose of indicating that I was aware that I was stepping out of bounds regarding topic-focus, and implying that I would appreciate a little lee-way.

use your noggin moderator ... because php people have the knowledge to give insight into my indirectly-related problem ( if they wish that is ) ...

I stated "this question has nothing to do with php" for the sole purpose of indicating that I was aware that I was stepping out of bounds regarding topic-focus, and implying that I would appreciate a little lee-way.

The rules apply to every one, including you.  You're missing the entire point of having different boards on the forum.  PHP Coding section is for php coding help... not webhost support.  Again, you're wasting peoples' time by posting in the wrong section.  DO NOT do it again.

@frost110: But he is breaking ToS, by (knowingly) posting in the wrong forum.  That's against the ToS and rules.  I suggest you actually read them before shooting your mouth off, lest you look like a retard (like now).

@dsdsdsdsd: Acknowledging that you are breaking the rules does not justify breaking them.  In fact, it makes it even worse.  If you can't follow simple rules that are put in place for the benefit of the community, then go somewhere else.  And stop being a jackass about it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.