you threw away my efforts

I spent a couple hours typing up a response to a post. When I went to preview you idiots erased all my typing and told me I needed to log in again.

I would have gone to bed sooner if I hadn't gotten into typing up that response. I'm not going to try to help again if you'r going to throw my efforts away like this. 

I do admit though, I feel your pain. I've had it happen before. Sessions eventually expire, shit gets lost. Lesson to take away - use something more permanent, or tools like Lazerus like frost mentioned.

If you still feel like posting, we'd still be here to help ;)

I never have a problem with getting logged out here, I'm "remember me"-ed on multiple machines in multiple locations.  I feel your pain, but these things happen.  I have a habit of copying the post content into my clipboard before pressing the preview or post button.

Yeah sorry, feel your pain, but don't be pointing the finger at us.  That's a common "feature" of the internet in general.  Surely this can't have been your first ever tl;dr effort...

I make a lot of tl;dr posts, so I've probably felt the pain of losing stuff more than most people and their 140 char responses.  As others have mentioned, if you're going to make long posts or posts that require a long time to make (writing as you are researching/testing code/whatever)...always always ALWAYS back it up before clicking preview/post.  pre-write in notepad or something.  copy to clipboard.  use an add-on designed for this.  Etc... And this rule of thumb is not forum/site specific.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.