how much do you pay for laundry?

unknown00

this is only directed to people that don't have an in-house laundry/dryer thing. most likely to someone living in an apartment or in school

i think this is ridic. in texas i paid $0.75/wash and dry. here in boston it's $2/wash and $1/dry. that's over DOUBLE what i use to pay

how about you?

I think you just found a really good deal in Texas.  I used to live in Texas, all over the place there, from SA to Houston to DFW and lots of places in-between.  In my experience, wash has been $0.75-$1.50 and $.50-$1 to dry.  I imagine the cost of living (and therefore pay rate) to be on average higher in boston though, so that doesn't sound too bad. 

I think you just found a really good deal in Texas.  I used to live in Texas, all over the place there, from SA to Houston to DFW and lots of places in-between.  In my experience, wash has been $0.75-$1.50 and $.50-$1 to dry.  I imagine the cost of living (and therefore pay rate) to be on average higher in boston though, so that doesn't sound too bad. 

I think that's about average around here too (in TX) - so the OP did find a good deal ;)

Ya I wish that's what I paid. At my current apartment I pay $1.75 for each. In the apartment I'm moving to at the end of the month its $2 wash and $1.50 dry which is technically the same amount except that my dark load is usually too big to put in one dryer (they come out soaked still) so I split them up so the new prices will actually save me money in the end.

If I had a large bathroom I'd definitely buy an apartment sized washer.

Wow you guys are lucky. In New York, I pay from $2.00-$3.50 for washing (depending on the size of the machine I use at the time, $2.00 being the smallest) and 1.75-2.00 per dry. Luckily the dryers are pretty big so I can generally fit 2 $2.00 wash loads into 1 dryer.

Wow you guys are lucky. In New York, I pay from $2.00-$3.50 for washing (depending on the size of the machine I use at the time, $2.00 being the smallest) and 1.75-2.00 per dry. Luckily the dryers are pretty big so I can generally fit 2 $2.00 wash loads into 1 dryer.

Just breathing in NY costs you an arm and a leg.

Just breathing in NY costs you an arm and a leg.

:thumb-up:

my flat has a shared washing machine and drier with the other flat in the building. a pound in the machine gets you 1 hour, which is only enough time for the quick wash! the drier is 20pence for 7 minutes lol

I got myself to only washing all my stuff in one quick wash once a week, lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.