Minecraft - anyone play it?

Zane

I'm gunna hijack this thread... I haven't understood the hype behind minecraft. Whats so... thrilling about it?

I haven't been able to get into it much either, but I didn't give it too much time. I do understand some of the appeal though, you can make some pretty cool things,

I'm gunna hijack this thread... I haven't understood the hype behind minecraft. Whats so... thrilling about it?

It's really only thrilling when you play it online.  Someone hosts a Minecraft Server and all your buddies connect to it.  Then you load up Skype or ventrilo and start buildin'.

I couldn't understand the hype either.. until I got on a server with my friends.  It's rather addicting.

We should totally host a PHPF minecraft server.

Have only played briefly but one of my co-workers has his own minecraft server with a couple different worlds/maps.  When I have time to game I usually play COD.  A while back I saw someone create a map based off of the game portal.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.