Help me.......

Alexander_john

You can have html without javascript but you can't have javascript without html.

Um, indeed you can. That is like saying PHP is useless without HTML, but you can build applications with PHP that have nothing at all to do with HTML or the web. Same goes for JavaScript.

You can have html without javascript but you can't have javascript without html.

Um, indeed you can. That is like saying PHP is useless without HTML, but you can build applications with PHP that have nothing at all to do with HTML or the web. Same goes for JavaScript.

Can you give an example of javascript being used without html?

And what applications in php are used that are unrelated to the web? PHP means "Hyptertext preprocessor", so I'd say in its definition it's used for html(hypertext markup language)

EDIT: now that I think of it, I suppose php can be used to move files around and do server-side things that don't require html to be output, but it'd still require a browser or similar program to begin execution(even with cron jobs)

Can you give an example of javascript being used without html?

This list here contains many.

And what applications in php are used that are unrelated to the web? PHP means "Hyptertext preprocessor", so I'd say in its definition it's used for html(hypertext markup language)

There are numerous: phpunit, phake & phrozn come to mind.

Yeah, while allot of those libraries, frameworks and application are web related, allot of them also are not. JavaScript is just a scripting language like any other.

It has command line interfaces available, but also happens to be the standard language embedded into browsers.

Take a look at node.js.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.