Insert 2 Values From Drop Down Menu?

justlukeyou

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By stimulating people to think for themselves, not by spoon-feeding or doing everything for them.

You, my good sir, have gotten stuck in a specific mindset, a mindset which is hindering you in seeing the solution to the problem (even though it's been explained in detail several times). Hell, you don't even see the problem itself clearly, evidenced by your lack of a clear and concise description of what you're trying to do.

My advice is to take a couple of days off this issue, then come back and read up on how to do string manipulation, database access, and try to find a different way to build up this functionality. Doing that should, hopefully, break the pattern you're locked into by now.

PS: I think you'll find this article educational reading. ;)

By stimulating people to think for themselves, not by spoon-feeding or doing everything for them.

You, my good sir, have gotten stuck in a specific mindset, a mindset which is hindering you in seeing the solution to the problem (even though it's been explained in detail several times). Hell, you don't even see the problem itself clearly, evidenced by your lack of a clear and concise description of what you're trying to do.

My advice is to take a couple of days off this issue, then come back and read up on how to do string manipulation, database access, and try to find a different way to build up this functionality. Doing that should, hopefully, break the pattern you're locked into by now.

PS: I think you'll find this article educational reading. ;)

Thanks, in many respects you are correct. 

How would you clearly explain the problem Im trying to solve.  How should I phrase it differently?

How does trying something to see if it works not help? This site is here to help people learn.

How does it help people learn?

In the same way one learns  to swim. Having someone swim for you teaches you nothing.

Bit confused.  I asked...

"Do I select "Reception Room" from the drop down menu and then convert one into "reception-room" and then enter that into 'linkcategory'?"

I dont think that is me asking anyone to swim for me to do the work for me.  That is me trying to found out what route I need to take to solve this problem because I haven't been able to make head nor tail of peoples previous answers. Although I am increbily for their help.

Is that not the sort of question I should be asking?  If so what sort of question should I be asking?

"Do I select "Reception Room" from the drop down menu and then convert one into "reception-room" and then enter that into 'linkcategory'?"

I dont think that is me asking anyone to swim for me to do the work for me.  That is me trying to found out what route I need to take to solve this problem because I haven't been able to make head nor tail of peoples previous answers. Although I am increbily for their help.

Is that not the sort of question I should be asking?  If so what sort of question should I be asking?

Yes, you can do it without any problems.

You need to insert the same value comes from drop down menu to different database columns.

INSERT INTO tbl_name (col1,col2) VALUES('reception-room','reception-room');

Yes, you can do it without any problems.

You need to insert the same value comes from drop down menu to different database columns.

INSERT INTO tbl_name (col1,col2) VALUES('reception-room','reception-room');

how would you then specify which value is to go into a specific table field. i think some sourt of php needs to be done on the values to sperate it before its inserted to the database fields.

the values comes as an array and then you use a foreach loop to to get the values the you implode the values and asign them to valuables after that you insert those values through the valuable to the right fields

Yeah thanks, but that doesn't help.

Could someone please explain it very simple terms what I need to do.

Do I select "Reception Room" from the drop down menu and then convert one into "reception-room" and then enter that into 'linkcategory'?

WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY DOING THIS?

I smell a troll at this point.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.