Standing Desk?

kicken

I just went right into it. My coworkers all got bar stools or raised chairs, and I decided not to.

My desk has half raise and half normal so if I want to sit down I just move the laptop over there.

Wear good shoes. The first thing to hurt will be your feet.

I don't much like working on my laptop (way to spoiled by my dual 24" monitors) but I did figure if I got too tired of standing I could take the laptop and go work at the kitchen table for a while.

Going to probably spend most of the night just trying to uncover my desk from all the stuff I have piled up on it so I can raise it lol. Such a slob I am. One potential problem I may face is the shelf I put above the desk. The way things are positioned now, once I raise it to a comfortable height my monitor probably won't fit where it currently is. I think I can work around that though.

Conversion is mostly complete.

desk_sm.jpg

(larger photo)

Right now it's standing at about 35 inches high, I should try and raise it another 4-6 inches though. Right now when I use the mouse my hand ends up odd angle which is uncomfortable. The keyboard is not so bad but it should be up a bit higher also I think. For now I'm just going to stick a few thick books under the mouse, at some point I'll try and set the desk on something probably.

Only had a couple issues setting it up. My keyboard's coord is not long enough to reach the computer now, so I had to plug it into my USB hub for now. Going to grab an extension later today. My Hub's coord is short also, had to move it to the left-edge of the desk for it to reach rather than have it in the center between the monitors like I prefer.

Making the change gave me a good excuse to do some much needed cleaning and wire-management down there also. Despite how messy it may look in the picture, it's way better now than it was before lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.