PHP Micro-Frameworks

Guest Xanza

Guest Xanza

I'm not 100% sure that this is the best place for this thread, however I wanted to know which micro-frameworks you guys use (if any). They're not always the best to use, however I've been using Flight for quite a while and I love it, but I moved to Flight from Slim, so I'm just wondering if there isn't an even better framework I should be using.

I've ventured into the larger supported frameworks like CakePHP, and Fuel, but I don't really like them; I mostly do smaller projects which require as little overhead as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He-he, Tony thank you for sharing the link to Silex :)

I've installed Silex few days ago by Composer and i was very impressed how easy and fast I've done everything on my RedHat server :)

I've noticed that Silex is not a real MVC framework like CakePHP, Symfony,Zend, etc...but....for small projects that is very useful, b/s we don't need to use a full functionality of MVC.

It gives me only the C (controller) of the MVC pattern for V (view) I can use a "twig" or a flat php and for M (model) I could use a doctrine ORM, if I want it. 

Anyone tried Tonic? The docs seem very lacking. A friend suggested I check it out for a project he needs help on, but I thought it was pretty... Lacking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is more than a year old.