read .so file in php

CHRamesh

Executing a script is not the same thing as reading a file. It doesn't matter if you know what you're asking if the people you're asking don't know what you mean.

I had no idea what a .so file was, but one quick Google search gave me the explanation of what it was, and adding the term "PHP" to that same search gave me the exact code to load a .so file.

We are not google. We don't appreciate people who don't do basic research, and waste our time with poor communication. Take responsibility for your part in getting help, and you'll actually get some.

So files cannot be executed directly by PHP, they are shared objects, made for C.

PHP extensions are packaged into shared objects, is what you really want to do to load an extension?

I am using php 5.3.10 and i check the dl() function but it is not working.

Now what i can do.can you help me how to load .so file in php

Edited by CHRamesh

You can't just load any .so file into PHP and have it work. The only .so files you can load into PHP are PHP Extensions. Given what you've written so far, you don't appear to be trying to load an extension, so you cannot load the file into PHP.

This? You'd have to write a PHP extension for it - PHP code alone won't be enough.

Hi,

I write some code in c and i use file function to open the .so file it will work fine . But how to load that file in php. 

I am using php 5.3.10.In that dl() function is not working.What i can do.just tell me how to write php code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.