What do you think?

RNWEBDIR

I agree with Axiss. The site looks clean - nice color choices. Looks like your standard search site which may be good for what you're going after. But the logo needs some heavy re-work. Perhaps something with the same feel and tone as the Firefox logo that's highlighted on the homepage.

Stephanie
<a href="http://www.stephaniechu.com">www.stephaniechu.com</a>

Yea, i am working on a logo now, just put that one up temporary. The website has only been online for a couple of days so im still tweaking bits and pieces. Thanks for looking everyone.

Does anyone know the best way to drive traffic to the website. I have submitted to many serach engines they are indexing my website but i cant see it show up on google does anyone know why this is ?

Thanks

The site is OK overall. I'm not too fond of so much vibrant color on one page, but it's workable. The biggest suggestion I can make is to [b]VALIDATE YOUR CODE[/b]!!! Your XHTML comes up with several errors and warnings, and until that validates, I can't check your CSS.

As for getting traffic to your site, how long ago did you submit? Typically, it takes 6-8 weeks to simply get indexed with Google, and then, you have to do more to get your site to climb the ranks. By running the following Google search, you can see whether or not your site has been indexed (which, in your case, it has ;) ):
[code]
site:www.rnwebmasterdirectory.com
[/code]

Now, you really ought to sign up for Google analytics and sitemaps to help Google better know your site. As for improving your rankings, on a site with limited content, your best bet is to have incoming links from well ranked pages.

Hope this helps give you some things to shoot for.

as has been mentioned, and you've acknowledged, the logo needs work - however, the first thing that bugged me was the goooogle ads. Personally I dont like them at all but they serve there place and bring in cash. however, sometimes you need to position them a little better than to throw them right in the middle of your page, pushing your main content out of the way.

Overall, the colour scheme is nice enough - however, the layout (taking care of adverts, whitespace, etc) could do with some work. Maybe moving the ads to one side or another? but not right in the middle of your content like that.

Cheers
Mark

I like the colours an layout, easy to navigate.

The google ads are ok, but like above you need to place them better. I don't think your first one should be right under your navigation bar on in the main content. You could perhaps alternate (yes I know you only get 3 AdSense ads per page) between the listings of links (ie the Freelancer section).

I agree about the Logo, and I assume you are working on it. Pixalation hurts my eyes! :P

Overall it could be a good resource for webmasters/designers etc and I will check back periodically.

Thanks for the reviews so far - i have changed the logo to a better one, but i am still working on a different logo to use for long term. Feel free to submit your websites just go to your chosen category and click submit link which you can find on the top menu. If you cant find your chosen category then click submit category where you can submit a category. Submitting your website is free and no backlink is required.

www.rnwebmasterdirectory.com

Thanks

i still have issues with the adverts being right in the middle. as jcombs pointed out, you have enough space on the right of the page to stretch things across a bit. wouldnt your ads be better down the side there, so that the bulk of the content can come UP a little bit?

Also, the full-justified text in the 'News' column doesnt look right at all. Just having it as normal, default, left-aligned will do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.