You Know You've Done Too Much PHP When...

Mgccl

Since it is down ("account suspended"), here is it:

You know you've done too much PHP when…

You getting F in English because{

You end sentence with a semicolon;

"You put quotations around your essays";

"You"." connect"." words"." with"." periods";

You end a line with \n.

You group paragraph in {braces}.

}

You express 2 squared in a strange way, pow(2,2).

You insist that 2^2 equals 0.

When solving the cube root of 5 to the 30th decimal, you hope you have bcpow() function. After a while, you kick the chair over and screams at the math teacher because you know that bcpow() does not allow fractional exponents.

You check the labels in the supermarket and tell the manager a variable can't start with a number. $1.99

You echo a ampersand should not appear in middle of two words, but instead, numbers.

You never use the word "say" anymore, "echo" become your best friend.

You wondering if the art class installed GD library.

You ask to go to the bathroom for a var_dump during a art lesson, then you remember that will change the header.

You paint 2 fingers green(or gray) and suppose that sticking them out will comment anything in the right.

You exploded things in the lab and try to sort them like arrays.

You get annoyed when people don't see you as a object in the middle class.

You thank a lot of people after getting a award. "I want to thank my parents who always supported me, and a lot other people, " include('thanks.php');

After inscribed these on a tree:

define(LOVE, 'PHP');

You said that LOVE will never change because it is an constant.

Your friends taking about they don't know what’s wrong with their relationship. You suggest them try this :

error_reporting (E_ALL);

Your friends look at you with the WTF look. You said:" DUH! ever read the PHP manual?"

I have to plead guilty on using semicolons at the end of sentences in emails.

This one made me laugh:

You check the labels in the supermarket and tell the manager a variable can't start with a number. $1.99

Even though it ignores that you can't concatenate an integer.

Yeah I often catch myself using the semi-colon at the end of a sentence; <- hey what the hell!

A less funny, but very annoying thing I do is use $variable in other languages.  When people are looking over my shoulder when i'm debugging asp they are like what the hell!

A less funny, but very annoying thing I do is use $variable in other languages.  When people are looking over my shoulder when i'm debugging asp they are like what the hell!

Yeah, the same thing happens to me when declaring functions in C- I always prefix the functions with "function".

Orio.

I do that all the time in Javascript; drives me crazy.

shouldn't it 18,2 ?

Just a question

And a good one. 'Assuming' that the answer should be 'ng', then yes.

It's easy to miscount from the long end of a string. Alternatively you can start from the end:

echo substr('what makes you young', -2); 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.