boredom

jcombs_31

I guess I had too much time on my hands and felt like playing with photoshop and working on my design skills.  Pretty much the first site I ever made was http://www.bfa.edu

The site is still listed in my portfolio, but all content is generated through a CMS I made for them to update.  Anyway, here is the design I was playing with.

http://multimedia-technologies.com/clientsites/bfa/

what is your opinion?  I tried to theme it with the diamond plate, metal look...

very nice, I like it a lot. Just a new small things:

- On your main nav (bubbles) on the hover I would make the text darker not lighter and I would make the red bullet a little brighter.

- maybe a little more padding on the body text and in the right hand boxes.

looks great though!

Jeff.... might want to take a peek in Opera at the new version.  The contact page "name" entry is shifted to the right.  The ability tests page has the content down after the items on the columns to the left and right.

Other than that, it's pretty sharp looking.

I received one of my favorite compliments back in college while working on a group project where I was doing the blunt of the programming.  The three of us were looking at the monitor, I was typing and explaining what I was doing and one of my partners said, "Wow, I want to program like you when I grow up!"

I hope that when I grow up I learn to design like you jcombs, you truly have a knack for it.

I thought you said you are blind?

Or, you only blind when you are looking at my Website!

:)

Maybe I should just shoot the freaking thing, and go get a job as a programmer!

I am good at looking at beautiful things but not designing them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.