Google help

nezbo

Hi all

I am not to sure if this is in the right place but here goes.

I have desined a website and that i need to get up the google pecking order, so dose anyone know any good techniques that i can use to improve my chances?

Cheers

As I've mentioned before, you must pick the board you think is best. Imagine what this place would be like if 50,000+ members started double posting because they weren't sure.

Now, onto your question. Have you spiffed up your meta tags?

True Point taken...  :)

By Spiffing up the meta tags, do you mean as as menything that are relating to the website as i can in the

<META name="keywords" contant="stuff, more stuff etc...">

To be honist i havent put that line in my code yet, so is this how it google works with mata search bot.

Are there any other ways?

Neil

As I've mentioned before, you must pick the board you think is best. Imagine what this place would be like if 50,000+ members started double posting because they weren't sure.

Now, onto your question. Have you spiffed up your meta tags?

It used to be all about meta tags.  Now the bots are getting smarter and they're actually looking at your content as well.  And the more your site is linked to and linked out of, the better your ranking is going to be as well.  So start advertising or getting your name/URL out there.

I suggest using lots of heading tags. Break up content based on their headings.

<h1></h1>

<h2></h2>

Incoming links are used to get a good PageRank.

Use plenty of meta tags.

Use titles effectively and have them different for each page.

<title></title>

Avoid duplicate content at all costs. This will result in a supplemental listing.

-steve

i had the "pleasure" of talking to an internet optimization guy for a customer for a while...i did learn some stuff though.

put 3-5 keywords in the title. dont put anything else

your site is about cats???

<title>cat, persian, mouser</title>

something like that...  also, seperate with commas and spaces, google is the only one that will accept just spaces ***or so i am told***

put in meta tags the same way, only use 15 to 20 keywords or so...

also, make keywords specific to what you do...

submit your site to any major or minor search engine at least once a month but no more than twice a month.  ***google and probably other search engines use a point counting system where each listing on a search engine counts as a point.  the more points you can rack up the better...

sorry for any misspellings...been up working all night like usual.

Google will pick up your site after a while if you have these in your Head tags:

<meta name="keywords" content="Keywords, To, Your, Site">
<meta name="description" content="Description of your site goes here this what goes under your link on Google
<meta name="author" content="Your Name">

Keywords and Description tags are needed, However the Author tag is'nt, It only sometimes works on some search engines.

Hope it helps

You must give it about 20 days to get it on Google.

something like that...  also, seperate with commas and spaces, google is the only one that will accept just spaces ***or so i am told***

That's keyword stuffing. That might just get you banned instead.

• 2 weeks later...

That's keyword stuffing. That might just get you banned instead.

only if you over use the keywords...the guy i was talking to said that if you only use each keyword once, you will be ok.  more than that is spamming or something...

granted this is coming from a guy that is selling a product, but the lady that purchased the service is pleased...it seems to work too...

1. Research your topic in the website or page.

2. Get related keywords

3. Use strong meta data that reflects well on your content

4. Have good content, H tags

5. Links, links, and more links. The more links into your site the better. Put your URL everywhere you can.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.