New project

coldkill

Hello all.

I'd like some opinions on this design I've come up with. Just some comments on it before I begin implementing it and building the site.

This is only a concept design at the moment and will probably change due to technical limitations/design flaws.

Thanks,

Coldkill

coldkill.png

Without the drop down menu:

coldkill_nd.png

Yeah unfortunately I can't use the same font in the rest as in the logo, otherwise all the text would have to be images.

The text is called "Starship Troopers" (from the film) so I don't think many people would have that installed on their PCs.

You'll have to expand on what you mean as "childish" but hopefully it's mostly ok?

Thanks,

Cold

as ober noticed, the fonts are too different .. a sans-serif font would be better to make it match the header more, you don't neccesarily need to use the same font. I don't know if it's because of the image quality of the image you posted, but the graphics look like they need to be sharper, like the header.

awesome logo, but overall too many bevels.  the courier font does not match at all.  the white/black becomes very cliche- you need more.

the design overall is too simplistic, especially because your logo is so awesome.  i hate to be mean, but everything but your logo needs a major redesign.  that, and your header area is WAY too big.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.