Mugshots..

cgm225

Here is a true mugshot. probably the most famous

Do you have a thing for Big G?

I like that guy. I think he is the greatest techno guy this world can ever have. His business strategies although not liked by his rivals but the most effective, which says monopoly is efficient, compettition a waste. He can be crazy for success but not for money. He is the greatest "money giver" after all.

Im sure any tech person would want to be big G.

anything else? ???

His business strategies although not liked by his rivals but the most effective, which says monopoly is efficient, compettition a waste.

Yes, a monopoly is most effective - for the ones who control it. For the users, though, it's not so great. They're forced to use the crap that they produce, pay the prices that they set, and deal with their insensitivity towards the users needs, opinions, and privacy. There are a great many of us who are very grateful that we have a choice, and that we don't have to use Microsoft products.

He can be crazy for success but not for money. He is the greatest "money giver" after all.

Yes, he donates money to charities and there's the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, but what do you bet that those donations don't even put a dent in his pocketbook? I quote the Bible, from a story commonly known as The Widow's Offering. I realize that everyone isn't Christian, but that doesn't mean that there is no wisdom in this:

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

While he may be donating millions of dollars to wonderful causes, it doesn't actually say very much for his generosity - he can afford it. i think the greatest "money givers" are those who may not be able to afford it, yet they give anyway.

Not I, and I'm sure that there are quite a few who who feel the same way.

I like that guy. I think he is the greatest techno guy this world can ever have. His business strategies although not liked by his rivals but the most effective, which says monopoly is efficient, compettition a waste. He can be crazy for success but not for money. He is the greatest "money giver" after all.

anything else? ???

Nothing else, jus that it appeared you had a bit of an obsession, using his photo as your avatar, then including his photo in a thread about your mugshots. Though to be fair, not everyone has followed the thread ;)

I admire the guy too, his businesss sense and contribution to technology is just brilliant - Though I wouldn't agree with your comment that he is the greatest "money giver", Warren Buffet probably deserves that title, he did, after all, donate USD 30 Billion dollars (that's over 80% of his fortune) to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation...

Nothing else, jus that it appeared you had a bit of an obsession, using his photo as your avatar, then including his photo in a thread about your mugshots. Though to be fair, not everyone has followed the thread ;)

I admire the guy too, his businesss sense and contribution to technology is just brilliant - Though I wouldn't agree with your comment that he is the greatest "money giver", Warren Buffet probably deserves that title, he did, after all, donate USD 30 Billion dollars (that's over 80% of his fortune) to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation...

So this topic is getting someattension isn't it? :)

I will not call that obsession. We need Idol and I see him to be the perfect example. Well Warren Buffet not really donated 30 billion doller. He signed a trity that will give the gates's a portion of money amout of money per year. With some obligations like the gates's have to be alive and in charge of the operation. So he actually donated probably 2-3 billion? while gates's have donated about 20-30 billion. So big G is still the biggest "money giver".

His business strategies although not liked by his rivals but the most effective, which says monopoly is efficient, compettition a waste.

Yes, a monopoly is most effective - for the ones who control it. For the users, though, it's not so great. They're forced to use the crap that they produce, pay the prices that they set, and deal with their insensitivity towards the users needs, opinions, and privacy. There are a great many of us who are very grateful that we have a choice, and that we don't have to use Microsoft products.

He can be crazy for success but not for money. He is the greatest "money giver" after all.

Yes, he donates money to charities and there's the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, but what do you bet that those donations don't even put a dent in his pocketbook? I quote the Bible, from a story commonly known as The Widow's Offering. I realize that everyone isn't Christian, but that doesn't mean that there is no wisdom in this:

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

While he may be donating millions of dollars to wonderful causes, it doesn't actually say very much for his generosity - he can afford it. i think the greatest "money givers" are those who may not be able to afford it, yet they give anyway.

Not I, and I'm sure that there are quite a few who who feel the same way.

Well, people who have little money can contribute little. SO their contribution has very little impact on the world. But the big G alone is giving more money than  any government in the world. He has also inspired other billionears to follow his footsteps. So, that is some big impact. That's why I said he is the greatest philanthropist. Many can give money, But being what he is and than giving such huge proportion of money is not easy. He lost his #1 spot for giving money too. Many people can see that as a sign of decline. But is it?

he couldv'e easily chose to be like the owner of wallmart and make his children "rich". But he chose to give all his money to the world and make his children do what they should do, earn their way themselves. Not many can do that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.