~sigh~

bilis_money

Ok for you guys specially the moderators, admin and phpfreaks recommended.

Ok to tell you the truth my life is full of problems that is why i'm always trying to be happy.

And also there is a saying that "Enjoy while working",

And if you are asking if i'm serious with php and with my work?

My answer is: It's a big yes, my goal is to master PHP, so please don't judge me.

I think only Neylitalo and Obsidian always understand me here.

My question is do we have racial discrimination here?

I can feel it.

I hope jcombs_31 know me alot just like the other mods.

jcombs_31 don't you like me here?

I hope you just private PM me instead if you don't like my smilies. and not to show your hatred to me.

~sigh~ why are the people here don't want me to be happy?  :'(

Is being happy immature?  ???

My question is do we have racial discrimination here?

I can feel it.

In real life, I can't honestly say that race doesn't play a part, on a subconscious level. I don't think I can be 100% sure that there isn't a subconscious element of bias or negativity towards one race, but it's definitely not something I realize on a conscious level.

However, since this isn't real life, I can't see or hear you, and the only interaction I have with you is by typing words and reading the words that you typed. I have no clue what race you are. To be honest, I don't even visualize the people I'm communicating with over the internet, unless I try to. Until I think about it, they're just words expressing ideas and thoughts from some unknown sentient being.

I hope you just private PM me instead if you don't like my smilies. and not to show your hatred to me.

This is a good point, and I wish I had thought of it in that other thread. Personal grievances should not be aired in a public medium.

~sigh~ why are the people here don't want me to be happy?  :'(

Is being happy immature?  ???

I'm sure that nobody wants you to be unhappy. However, frequent use of emoticons, extra or lacking punctuation, and frequent use of unusual non-alphanumeric symbols in regular communication is associated with immaturity. It's common for youngsters to have AIM names or email addresses like "~_~HOttDAwg~_~", and while this may be appropriate amongst their peers, it's strongly discouraged in "mature" conversation. It's the same category as profanity - it probably doesn't add any value to the communication, and it most likely distracts from the actual message. This is a professional-grade forum, and communication should be treated as such. That's not to say that emoticons are entirely unacceptable - there are definitely situations where you might want to throw in a smiley face, or an unhappy face. Just keep in mind that excessive use will just irritate the readers.

This is a professional-grade forum, and communication should be treated as such. That's not to say that emoticons are entirely unacceptable - there are definitely situations where you might want to throw in a smiley face, or an unhappy face. Just keep in mind that excessive use will just irritate the readers.

Hear hear.

Thanks neylitalo i think you and Obsidian is my best TOTO here.

I'm just worried the other people here wants me to be just like my brother does.  :'(

neylitalo & obsidian i guess you two guys has the most understanding heart here.

You deserve to be moderators.

I don't want to hurt someone's feelings here, i just want really to be kind here.

Thanks anyway.

1)  A sob-story post doesn't show a level of maturity. It just reinforces the point about posting pointless topics that serve no purpose.

2) No matter how much you argure that you are going to act a bit more mature, you're actions have spoken immature for so long, that you're going to have to show us that you can act mature.  That doesn't mean posting sob stories, arguing about how you are acting mature, or getting mad. That is taking advice and using it to your advantage.  Trust me your not the first, nor the last, to have to have this talk. 

3) Proper English shows maturity.  If we can't read your post, then you might as well just be filling up the forums with pointless crap because being able to understand it is essential to providing help, or being able to read an answer if you ever answer any of the PHP questions.

4)  Sometimes a smiley in a post is fine, but notice that a majority of my posts, and other senior members posts, rarely have smile faces in them.

A sob-story post doesn't show a level of maturity.

No, it doesn't; however, that does not mean it shows an abundance of immaturity either. It shows a level a frustration, uncontrolled perhaps, but frustration nonetheless.

I would have attempted to settle this through PM bills_money, but either way, as long as you've learned something, so be it.

I would heed neylitalo's advice.

2) No matter how much you argure that you are going to act a bit more mature, you're actions have spoken immature for so long, that you're going to have to show us that you can act mature.  That doesn't mean posting sob stories, arguing about how you are acting mature, or getting mad. That is taking advice and using it to your advantage.  Trust me your not the first, nor the last, to have to have this talk.

Hahahah, that sounds oddly familiar.

3) Proper English shows maturity.  If we can't read your post, then you might as well just be filling up the forums with pointless crap because being able to understand it is essential to providing help, or being able to read an answer if you ever answer any of the PHP questions.

with all due respect, proper english shows nothing more than a proficiency at learning another language or the luck of being taught it in one's youth.  granted it's important to proper communication with others, but it's just as important for others to attempt to be understanding with people whose first language isn't english.

thinking that everyone on the internet should speak english perfectly is a rather rednecked opinion.  i should know, i live in a fairly redneck province.

But people who don't appear to put out an effort to make proper sentences, or do this:

lol dat wuz so fun :) :) :) :) :) :)

Stuff like that is not proper English and with the smilies just shows a level of immaturity.  I'm not saying I have perfect grammar, but you don't have to re-read everything I post just to try and understand what I'm trying to say.

may be appropriate amongst their peers, it's strongly discouraged in "mature" conversation. It's the same category as profanity - it probably doesn't add any value to the communication, and it most likely distracts from the actual message.
you might as well just be filling up the forums with pointless crap

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.