what should be the price?

teng84

It's kind of irrelevant where your client is based, you should be charging your projects out as if they were in the same country as you. People outsource work abroad because it is cheaper. If you're quoting the same as other people in the UK/US, they'll choose people in their own country over you - It's a hell of a lot less hassle.

And you should be charging based on how much it's worth.

yes i know in my country i know how much it worth but I'm planning to outsource this coming 2008 i guess my friend and i are ready for this big project...

so please just give me some idea i know that people from your place would pay lower when they will ask for a freelancer overseas but what i want to know is the average..

lets say if you will get a freelancer in my place how much will you pay for a project that will last for a month?

well basically im charging my clients $1100USD if the project will last for let say 1 moth and i give 1 week maintenance etc...

please give me some thought i know this fact

It's kind of irrelevant where your client is based, you should be charging your projects out as if they were in the same country as you. People outsource work abroad because it is cheaper. If you're quoting the same as other people in the UK/US, they'll choose people in their own country over you - It's a hell of a lot less hassle.

Its also not relevant what other people would charge as there are plenty of other variables that come into it. Experience, efficiency, complexity, technologies, track record, outgoing costs, cost of sale, et cetera.

But to please you, lets call a (solid) month 160 hours, so... ~£12,600 / $25,200

But, if you are asking how much we'd charge to build that guest book in your example - Which would take no more than a few hours... ~£250 / $500 sounds reasonable to me.

thats euro right oh that pretty big if i will convert that in my currency in fact  3000 euro is more than enough

thanks man  ;)

How did you calculate 3000 euros?!

I think you're missing the point - What we would charge, or say it's worth has no bearing on what you should be charging. I think if you go off quoting based on what people on this forum are saying, you're going to be rather disappointed with your results.

Your prices should reflect how much you believe your time is worth.

i understand what you mean ..

i dont price based on my time worth but i give my price based on the quality of my work..

hehe Im a big fan of my self I love the way i code well thats because I'm working with my team here in the company and we follow standard coding and i was amazed by our coding structure..

How did you calculate 3000 euros?!

1USD=P42  and i charge 50k on my currency on a project that will last month..

If you really want to be fair the best bet is to use jobserve.com and see what clients are prepared to pay for pHp developers. USe that as your base then work out how much time it will take you to do the job. Most clients will expect a time estimate anyway and this shows a degree of professionalism. After that multiply the amount of time by the rate. hey presto you have a charge estimate. Do bear in mind though it is not unusual for their clients to modify their spec once they see how the results are shaping up. At this stage you need to add on for T & M or include some contingency for mods. How you do it depends on your client. Always a judgment call for a new client

Hope that helps.

CP

can somebody tell me how much should i ask if ever i have a client in let say US or UK

sample this page http://www.userbook.com/gb.php?id=10010

how much will be the price for that please give some idea I hate it when somebody is taking advantage of my stupidity .. 

Looks like one of the many little guestbooks all over the place that are up for free download.

And there are already bots spamming it. lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.