Good free server

SirChick

You can install AMP (Apache PHP and MySQL) locally for testing PHP scripts. No need for a free/paid webhost for testing PHP.

Look into WAMP for Windows or XAMPP for Windows, *nix or Mac

Argh sorry should have explained slightly more... I have local host Apache and have used it alot, how ever I cannot test crons... i read tutorials on it but it isn't much to do with windows and when it is it is on about XP and vista is much different.... so i thought if i got a server it must be simpler that way?

Well, if it has to run exactly every 34 seconds or every hour, you won't have time to sleep...

True, but the OP stated for testing purposes.  Depending on the nature of the cron, it is likely that it can just be invoked from the CLI to determine if it works or not.

Well i need to create like a 24/7 site run for a few weeks straight with the crons going some every 10 mins. And i got like 6 staff members who will use it from different parts of the hemisphere to see if we can break it and see it all works and find out the averages of users game incomes that can be achieved so i can make sure the game's economy and inflation doesn't get messed up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.