Code by hand

TheFilmGod

I was thinking of completely pushing the computer off to the side and actually coding by hand. I would do this on a template based page with lines, line numbers, vertical dotted lines (resembling tabs), and having filename/description/page # info on the top.

Over the past year I became very confident in css/php coding and I think I could code without a WYSIWYG editor. I'll still use books, cheat sheets, and reference pages.

I think that this will have a positive outcome. It'll give me the time to plan and make it easier to write down ideas.

At the same time there are negatives ...

• Typing on comp. is faster
  • 2 x work
  • Not being able to use internet for help

What do you think? Do you think I lost all grasps of reality and became utterly insane?

Do you think I lost all grasps of reality and became utterly insane?

If you're planning on doing anything functional with these pieces of paper with writing on them, then yes, I'd say you have. ;)

On a similar note, I quite often use a pen and paper to outline an interface, an application's flow, or pseudocode.

Do you think I lost all grasps of reality and became utterly insane?

If you're planning on doing anything functional with these pieces of paper with writing on them, then yes, I'd say you have. ;)

On a similar note, I quite often use a pen and paper to outline an interface, an application's flow, or pseudocode.

yeah. compling your looseleaf paper will be pretty tough hahah

lol. Sure it's double the work - extra work - but I really want to give it a shot. To tell you the truth, I think that it might be faster. It's hard to explain, but putting down ideas on paper may be easier. I type faster but when coding you need to tab and 'enter' often so it's misleading.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.