PHP confusion

Buggy123

Or maybe he knows some other language and his boss wants to give php/mysql a whirl.  Man, he's lucky that I'm in such and understanding mood today because everyone else is doubting him ;)

Based on what his post says, I very much doubt that he knows another language...

Ok so i just started a job working with PHP and Mysql, and i need a good place to learn the basics, everywhere i look its a bit too complex,

any suggestions?  ???

Here are a few...

Don't lie on your resume

Don't accept a job then scramble to learn how to actually do it

Don't buy a 3rd party script at the last moment to try to save yourself when that deadline looms ever closer

May not apply to you, but good suggestions nonetheless.

I wonder if I can get a job as a surgeon. I suppose I'll eventually learn how to cut people correctly.

i know from experience that there is NO wrong way to cut someone!

in response to the thread, how did you actually get this job?  what do you need to do for it?

what i would do is search for exactly what you need.  if that doesnt work, and you get no ideas from that, buy a book...sit down...read all night long...cry a little...try building it yourself, and when you get stuck come here and ask for help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.