No ISP!

The Little Guy

Trust me, anything at that kind of price isn''t going to run Apache.

You need to spend a little on a vps. You'll won't at least 512MG of memory if you want to run all the usual LAMP services.

My VPS has 256 MB and it is running Apache, MySQL and bind.

Trust me, anything at that kind of price isn''t going to run Apache.

You need to spend a little on a vps. You'll won't at least 512MG of memory if you want to run all the usual LAMP services.

My VPS has 256 MB and it is running Apache, MySQL and bind.

I guess I may have been a little over exaggerating. My last experience with a 256MG vps was trying to run Gentoo. You pretty much can't compile anything with that amount of memory. Once I moved to a 512 I had all the freedom I needed but by then I was sold on Debian.

I run all my servers from home now. I have my own hardware node which is currently running 11 vps's. Only 3 of which are publicly available but still.

Yeah. My VPS is running Gentoo as well. If I need to do lots of compiling then I have to shut down Apache and MySQL. Otherwise I'll run out of memory and the merge will fail. I've been thinking about getting the RAM doubled, but I don't use it so much so it's not that important to me.

One of the servers I run I pay $79/month for.  Its a real server, not vps.  Dual Xeon 64bit 3.2GHz, 2G ram, 250G Mirrored HD (not SCSI tho).  3Mbit connection up/down.

3Mbit up/down?  That's horrible!  My home down speed is 8Mbit (upload is < 1Mbit though).

My friend and I have a VPS, can't remember the specs off the top of my head. It's running Debian, I think it has at least 256mb of RAM, if not more. It's good, I like it. $15 USD a month. Bit more for us at the moment since we are from Australia and our dollar is really weak currently. :(

Well I get the daily currency updates from UCC at XE.com and the US dollar is worth 1.29 AUD! And the Australian Dollar is only worth 0.77 USD. I don't know how it all works but I do know that it has more then likely got something to do with the Wall Street crash that's going on over there.

"1 British pound = 1.7668 U.S. dollars"

"1 Euro = 1.3857 U.S. dollars"

:(

quiet frenchie! :D

i remember reading that the zwd was still falling too!  if they get paid, they go right to the store, because tomorrow the money will be *even more* worthless!  even more amazing, the gvmts plan was (i dont know if it changed) to print more money!?!?!?  stupid!

people going to the store to buy food w/ a wheel barrow full of money, and they come back with less than some people here buy at McDonalds!  horrible.