CSS 3d Cube

jcombs_31

http://ajaxian.com/archives/3d-cube-using-new-css-transformations

I think the future of CSS and Html is going to improve greatly, allowing for some nice control options without the use of graphics. While there is nothing particularly exciting about this demonstration, it is the new features that are intriguing.

I just wish we didn't have to worry about coding different to different browsers. What is the point of the W3C if there is no strict adherence to standards. 

I just wish everyone could get on the same page!

I just wish we didn't have to worry about coding different to different browsers. What is the point of the W3C if there is no strict adherence to standards.

This is why I hate front-end coding, such a pain.

That is pretty cool, the cube.... but honestly, how often would you use it? :P

Nonetheless, I can't wait for CSS3 to become the new standard with all the browsers, some cool stuff in there :D

Nonetheless, I can't wait for CSS3 to become the new standard with all the browsers [chop]

That will never happen as realistically, by the time IE (10?) fully supports CSS3, the others will already have already moved on to CSS 4 (or 5).

Would CSS3 have the same differences between display on IE 6, IE 7, FF2 and FF3 as with CSS2? I know how to make CSS2 to look fine on all 4 of those browsers because my job does a lot of layout design. I hope I don't have to learn new stuff when CSS3 comes out. What a drag... :(

Nonetheless, I can't wait for CSS3 to become the new standard with all the browsers [chop]

That will never happen as realistically, by the time IE (10?) fully supports CSS3, the others will already have already moved on to CSS 4 (or 5).

True dat.

Although, I will admit IE8 is doing pretty good compared to the past versions ;)

No doubt about that...8 is definitely an nice improvement to be sure (god, did I just compliment MS? *Aack!*). They'll have to keep on rolling if they want to catch up to the other browsers in future releases.

That is pretty cool, the cube.... but honestly, how often would you use it? :P

I think we're all going to be saying this until someone does something brilliant and puts us all in awe and suddenly we'll see everyone using it in a ripped-off kind of fashion...

No doubt about that...8 is definitely an nice improvement to be sure (god' date=' did I just compliment MS? *Aack!*). [/quote']

Relative to M$, yes, that's a compliment, but as a whole, no.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.