HTML 5 Cheatsheet

jcombs_31

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/06/html-5-cheat-sheet-pdf/

First paragraph was interesting

According to W3C News Archive, XHTML 2 working group is expected to stop work end of 2009 and W3C is planning to increase resources on HTML 5 instead. And even although HTML 5 won’t be completely supported until 2022, it doesn’t mean that it won’t be widely adopted within the foreseeable future.

Right, I thought that was pretty damn ridiculous. I also imagine that the transition period is going to be a really big pain in the @ss.  Look at us now still worrying about IE6 bugs, there is no hack for older versions of html. 

My wife told me her plans for us as our kids get older and we near early-retirement, which included me quitting my current job and becoming self-employed building websites.  And I said to her "who knows if that will even be possible?".  The "www" could be a completely different animal by then.

She got mad at me for ruining her "daydream moment".

haha =P

Do you go on newscientist.com ? Apparently a new type of router software is being developed that allows service providers to re-set the route of traffic incase any network cables go down. Wonder how long until that will be hacked...

Related to the demise of XHTML 2, this article shows some of the ideas they had (some of which supposedly have been ported over to HTML 5 [but it doesn't say what]):

• Any tag could be made a link by assigning an href attribute (<a> was retained, but would have become redundant).
  • Nest <section> tags controlled the document structure and hierarchy. A single <h>tag could denote headings at any level -- the author would not need to manually manage<h1>...<h6> tags.
  • A new <nl> navigation list tag was introduced.
  • RDFa allowed semantics to be annotated in the markup.
  • The language was modularized so extensions could be added.

Hmm... it's different, I'll give them that. I'm not sure what to make of the generic <h> tag though :\ I do wonder what exactly made it from XHTML 2 to HMTL 5 (I don't suspect anything from that list though)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.