[Game] Time Underground (beta) Critique Appreciated

holiks

Day after day I heard so much from (or between) my friends about M4fia Wars.  So much was it hyped that I decided to actually try it. Boy did I regret that. I registered, logged in ...and clicked ....and clicked on in disbelief as to how pointless alot of this "clicking" was...and it was driving me nuts. By the way this also applies to most if not ALL of the other browser-based "dealer type" games out there (minus the "hype" part").

We need to have something more engaging...meaningful...realistic...to-the-point. That said, Time Underground is my attempt at a response.....or at least the beginning of it.

www.timeunderground.com

The site is in "minimum-functionality" stage right now. Have alot of basics done. But development is currently active.

Appreciate any input. TIA.

Different?....well more Engaging my friend (and whatever else mentioned before) .......but....if your reply/question was posted based on browsing the site .....well there must be some basic infrastructure ...which is ...like i said...all I've done so far. But any input is greatly appreciated.

Potential? .....no potential?

Wow. this is what phpfreaks has come to. Staff alumni chipping in too.....thanks.

Please "close" this post. I retract.

[edit]

btw ...sir. I do have a very enjoyable life..real and "online"...with wife n kids attached. You seem to be someone who can't handle both. Thank you for your positive response.

Why do you point out that he is a staff alumni? As far as the hierarchy is concerned, thrope and I and you as well as holiks are in the same boat. (I bet we all find that hard to believe. ;) )

EDIT: This is your entire site.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <title>Index of /</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Index of /</h1>
<ul></ul>
</body></html>

I don't blame them for being upset. I'm not exactly impressed either.

EDIT: Thrope, if RPGs are childish, what isn't as far as computer games go? RPGs are less childish than lets say Massacre 'em All (FPS), as atleast you don't mindlessly blast your enemies to bits and pieces and plan to some degree.

EDIT: Thrope, if RPGs are childish, what isn't as far as computer games go? RPGs are less childish than lets say Massacre 'em All (FPS), as atleast you don't mindlessly blast your enemies to bits and pieces and plan to some degree.

My name is thorpe and I've never seen the point of games on computers.

My name is thorpe and I've never seen the point of games on computers.

Do you see the point of board games? Or of any games at all? One is electronic, the other isn't. Its called entertainment and of course I can't decide your opinion whether or not you find games entertaining.

• 7 months later...

Back on topic a bit, the maximum bankroll/cash on hand allowed is restricted to 2147483647. You may want to consider using a different variable type for storing money, or make it harder to get. Otherwise it seems to be coming along fairly well, good job.

Back on topic a bit, the maximum bankroll/cash on hand allowed is restricted to 2147483647. You may want to consider using a different variable type for storing money, or make it harder to get. Otherwise it seems to be coming along fairly well, good job.

You do realize the last post was over 7 months ago?

You do realize the last post was over 7 months ago?

Oh, deadly as. Surprised that game is still online then, because I'd be... uh, wanting to take it down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.