Happy slaughter innocent turkeys day!

.josh

I prefer killing cows and chickens.  We're having a mexican thanksgiving.  Tortilla soup, enchiladas, quesadillas, chalupas, tamales, tacos, beans and rice, salsa and queso and chips.  umm, I think someone is making some churros and some flan. 

I can't believe nobody has made a thanksgiving thread yet.

I prefer killing cows and chickens.  We're having a mexican thanksgiving.  Tortilla soup, enchiladas, quesadillas, chalupas, tamales, tacos, beans and rice, salsa and queso and chips.  umm, I think someone is making some churros and some flan. 

I can't believe nobody has made a thanksgiving thread yet.

Wow, wish I was at your house. That sounds great. I live close to Mexico, so we eat a lot more Mexican food than we should (according to my wife). Sadly, we are just having the traditional turkey dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thansgiving is an american holiday.  The official day is the "last thursday of november."  A lot of people (and by people I mean your boss) take the whole week off.  Fly out somewhere, get together with the family, etc...  But, it's a federally recognized holiday, so even the poor people get to have at least today off (though your boss will still attempt to force you to work, and if that don't work, bribe you). 

I shall illustrate the story behind thanksgiving with the following allegory:

Picture yourself in grade-school, you're sitting there in the cafeteria eating lunch minding your own business, when all of a sudden some guys come over to your table.  They say hi, "ask" if the seats are free, and then sit down when you say "Sure!" thinking you've just made friends with the in-crowd.  Next thing you know, one of them gets up and kicks you out your sit.  With his steel-toe boot. Knocks your chair right over, with you in it.  Tells you GTFO and grabs your food and starts slowly eating it and savoring every bite, all the while laughing at you, eating your shit just to rub it in.  Since you're the little guy, you can't do shit, so you walk away wanting to kill yourself (that's how emos are born, btw). 

As you are walking away, the hot cheerleader comes up to you and helps you up.  Lips pouting, saying how mean they are, making you feel like she really sympathizes with you.  She even brushes you off, gives you a hug and kiss on the cheek.  Then her friend behind her dumps her chocolate milk on your head and everybody starts laughing at you again.  As you run away off in some janitor's closet where nobody goes, and it's dark and smelly,  you start itching and getting pus boils and shit.  It's cuz that chick gave you herpes on top of everything else.  Normally herpes takes longer to develop, but this is poetic license here, so can it. 

So let's review: you thought you were getting some new friends.  Instead, they kick you off your table, steal your food and engorge in it to throw it in your face, get off to being dicks and go in for round two, and top it off by diseasing your sorry ass. 

That's the story of thanksgiving, except with Europeans and Native Americans.  Also, there were buffalo. 

Wow, wish I was at your house. That sounds great. I live close to Mexico, so we eat a lot more Mexican food than we should (according to my wife). Sadly, we are just having the traditional turkey dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Though we don't live in the state no more, we spent most our lives down in San Antonio area. 

I hate turkey.  My family rarely ever eats turkey for thanksgiving.  I love the smell of a freshly baked/roasted turkey but it's just so damned dry no matter what you do.  Unless of course you drench it in gravy and if that's the only thing to make it "good" then I might as well just be drinking gravy.

Chicken always seems to be on the menu for dinner for my family.. no matter what the holiday.  Even if it's not a holiday.  Don't get me wrong though.. I don't eat chicken 24/7.. that would just be sickening, but I do eat enough of it to not be excited when there's an oven roasted (or Ingles roasted) chicken on the table for supper.  One thanksgiving we cooked a duck, which was pretty much like eating a chicken.

If it were up to me what we ate for Thanksgiving I'd say pot roast.  A well cooked pot roast with loads of taters and other wholesome vegetables cooked with it.  MMmmmmm..

Happy Thanksgiving people!

They also have Thanksgiving in Canada, but theres is earlier in the year.

Yep were already had our in Sept I think.

I hate turkey.  My family rarely ever eats turkey for thanksgiving.  I love the smell of a freshly baked/roasted turkey but it's just so damned dry no matter what you do.

Turkey is probably the cleanest meat you can buy, Most meat has tons of oils in it.  But turkry is pretty dry becuase of that, but if you cook a turkey then cut it up and freeze and take some out, and fry it with vegetable oil + olive oil mixture with some salt, it taste pretty darn good.

I hate turkey.  My family rarely ever eats turkey for thanksgiving.  I love the smell of a freshly baked/roasted turkey but it's just so damned dry no matter what you do. 

Whoever is cooking your turkey must not be a chef. Whenever I eat turkey, its never dry. Although I can't tell you what is the reason of this as I'm not the one making the turkey.

Just look at it like coding. If you get some amateur to cook or program something, it always comes out bad or heck anything for that matter. A professional always does better than the novice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.