POLL: Pick which php bbcode button looks better

.josh

Which bbcode button for the php code tags do you think looks better?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which bbcode button for the php code tags do you think looks better?

• "the left"
    • "the right"
    • some kind of "left-right" or "right-left" amalgam
    • both are fine, as long as we get a damn button!
    • both suck, go back to the drawing board!

Here would be my two versions:

phpButton.gif

I think it would be wise to keep it simple (as salathe mentioned).. so I used his little php logo as one and simple block text as the other (with rollover states included.. far right of image) . I don't think I would have any preference either way if we were to go along with something like that. As far as I'm concerned, so long as it looks like it belongs among the other buttons and isn't trying to depict too much info in such a small space, all's good.

Not sure what you guys think about it though.

Cast your vote! Voting ends in 7 days, though that's just an estimate and can be haggled.  Please refer to the above quote for a clean look of the buttons, and the image below as to what is "the left" and is "the right".  Notice, there are only 2 buttons total being voted on.  The 2nd row of buttons is the "hover state" of the top row buttons.

phpButtonHilighted.jpg

Well some people in the other thread thought there were 4 buttons to choose from, despite nrg mentioning rollover states.  But as you can see for yourself, it isn't mentioned until after 140 chars, and since 140 chars is the current de facto tl;dr threshold, it's nrg's fault.

Damn you, SMS / Twitter and your 140 characters!!! *Sigh*... the moral of the story is cram your most important info within the first 140 characters so you can't be accused of borderline tl;dr BS  :anim_reading:

Interesting poll.. love the 'sucks' options lol. Was tempted to choose that one, for poops and giggles, but opted for 'either one, so long as we get a damn button' choice.

I think the right one looks too stylish. The left one is more systematic and simple, which I like. it's more easily readable, isn't trying to be flashy. A button shouldn't be flashy, it should just do it's job, I voted left

Yeah! It is PHP, but it doesn't mean it has to be it's logo. The code symbol is a hash, hyperlink is a picture of a fricken planet.

I'm surprised by how tight the left and right race is (I figured it would be pretty much dominant one way or the other - feels almost like the Bush / Gore presidential race... minus the Florida recount  :tease-03:).

Well, at one time the poll was at 17:8, and did go down the next morning. (Or was I dreaming?)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.