Photo

Game Console

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite gaming console (40 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite gaming console

1. XBox (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

2. XBox 360 (14 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

3. PS2 (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Gamecube (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Nintendo 64 (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

Whats your best gaming consal?
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

#2 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

I've got both an Xbox and an Xbox 360 of which are my favourites for different reasons.

My Xbox is modified and has a 160GB hard drive, XBMC installed and a power switch installed on the controller - Although it has all of my games stored on the hard drive, I mainly use it now for viewing videos from devices on my home network on my TV.

I like the gaming experience on the Xbox 360, the high def graphics and 5.1 surround sound support on every game is pretty cool and Xbox Live is brilliant.

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

i haven't had a chance to really play xbox 360, other than the demos at walmart, so i have to default to ps2, which is what i have and i do prefer it over my xbox that i used to have.

i tell you what though, am i the only one looking forward to nintendo revolution?? have you seen the videos, the part where you're sword fighting and stuff? And when you are Link in the new legend of zelda game?? omg it looks sweet!
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:23 AM

i tell you what though, am i the only one looking forward to nintendo revolution?? have you seen the videos, the part where you're sword fighting and stuff? And when you are Link in the new legend of zelda game?? omg it looks sweet!

Yeah they're supposed to be coming out before Christmas aren't they? I've read here and there that they're going to be relatively cheap too - I'll probably pick one up because of that, just to see what it's like...

#5 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

by "best", what do you mean? the console we are best at, or simply the one we like the best? i'd have to say i'm best at N64 simply because i spent the most time on it, and relatively speaking, since the graphics are toned down a tad, it's easier to follow the sprites on the screen. however, favorite would be a tossup between the PS2 and the GameCube right now. i love the Nintendo titles, but no gaming collection is complete without the final fantasy series, so i've got to have my PS2 for that.

i'm definitely looking forward to the Wii. they are definitely rumored to be the cheapest by far, but i'm just all about nintendo, so i'll have to get one. i will probably eventually have to have a 360 with it, too so i can keep up with all the titles i want. i'm not real excited about the cost of the PS3 at all, especially since i don't want to be paying $70+ per game for blu-ray.

ok, there i go rambling again... btw, i'm at least going to edit the title of this poll to spell "console" correctly so people know what we're discussing :P
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#6 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

Dont you agree that syphon Filter The Omega Strain is a good game?
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

#7 Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Ps2

#8 warris

warris
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

Ive got to go with the Xbox 360

#9 Renlok

Renlok
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 258 posts
  • Locationnewbury

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

xbox 360 no question except there are alot of bugs with it.

#10 mattison

mattison
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

i like PS2 for the main reason, ive allways had playstations, and i love the PS3!

but i seriosly concidered the Xbox 360

#11 TheFilmGod

TheFilmGod
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

I used to be a huge fan of PS2 and the whole playstation. But xbox360 is far the best console in the world. The graphics are really good, just as good as ps3. The ability to go online and play multiplayer with people around the world is incredible. Yesterday I was chatting with a person from oregon! It felt like they were right there!! Seriously that's pretty beastly.

I live in NJ.
The future is here.

#12 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

I used to be a huge fan of PS2 and the whole playstation. But xbox360 is far the best console in the world. The graphics are really good, just as good as ps3. The ability to go online and play multiplayer with people around the world is incredible. Yesterday I was chatting with a person from oregon! It felt like they were right there!! Seriously that's pretty beastly.

I live in NJ.

I don't own either an Xbox 360 or a PS3, but do I totally miss the point in your post? You say that the graphics in the 360 is as good as in the PS3 and since you (AFAIK) can go online with the PS3 as well, what exactly makes the 360 superior to the PS3?

#13 slapme

slapme
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

360 all the way, now I just need to buy one

#14 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

Xbox 360 & PS2 are the two best ever!

#15 revraz

revraz
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationSitting in Kabul Afghanistan

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

PS2 because I bought it new for $100
If I can't make it better, then I'll make it worse, but it definitely won't be the same.

#16 juke

juke
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

PS2 because I bought it new for $100

I heard there is a new PS2 coming out later, with a power adapter built into it. Although that was ages ago. :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users