Bug Tracker

jcombs_31

I prefer Redmine  www.redmine.org the only downside is it can be a pain to setup and requires Ruby + Rails. Trac is another good one, but a pain to setup as well, built with Python I believe.

I currently use WebIssues (php built and trivial to setup) which has a desktop client, it is nice, but lacks a lot of features.

I mainly use Trac for all of my work projects, but it's a bit of a pain as it doesn't really support multiple projects - I have to create a new instance of it every time I start a new project. I have started using Redmine for my personal projects and I like it a lot more, like Premiso mentioned, it is a pain in the arse to install but once it's up and running I think it's worth it. I'm planning on migrating all of my Trac instances over to Redmine when I get some free time available.

Cool, thanks guys. I've used trac but never set it up myself.  I don't need anything complex, its really just for small projects but I'm trying to get a little more organized since I have a million things going on.

I like Bugzilla, it's simple and easy to use.  Written in PERL if I recall correctly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.