Global Moderators

I wish I could get the global moderators. Each time I have posted a forum questions, it is frustrating as to some of the other forum members, that they want to answer some other question. Take the easy way out. I find it annoying.

It would be nice that if the moderators can take a look and keep these people at bay. It may be picky, but the few times I have posted a question, if they don't know, then don't post. I have not gotten the answer and found it myself. Took a week, but I always figured it out.

Next, I find that the other php forum are much more sophisticated and helpful. Not sure what you can do about this, but perhaps more involvement by the moderators.

btw, I have about 5 other programming friends that all say the same thing.

Thanks for listening.

Do you have any particular example?

I've looked at some of your questions, and it's not like all of them are extremely clear. Some of them take a few posts before we get to figure out what the actual problem is. Some of them have huge chunks of code, which is something that will make many people just ignore you (especially when you haven't even bothered formatting your post with

tags).

Many times, if a question is well-written, it will also receive good responses. Have you read "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by Eric Raymond?

Yeah, your questions aren't very clear to me. You've posted a few times over the past few days with different titles and such, but its the same underlying question in the end, is it not?

If I'm right, you're wanting to parse emails when they come in - which you'd need to look into email piping for your server.

Yes, it is not the clarification that is an issue that is the problem, but when this same dude Pikachu2000, goes even over to my second post with a much more pin pointed question, self admits he doesn't know, but looks at this. Just don't answer if you don't know I guess is my motto. I found the answer in another forum with the exact same text.

http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-4015.html

or

http://developers.evrsoft.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1180.html

It was exhausting.

So what are you suggesting? What's the point of this thread? Are you hinting around that we should be deleting the irrelevant/"unhelpful" posts for EVERY thread?

I mean, I can understand if someone posted a bunch of garbage, COMPLETELY irrelevant to the OP, like chiming in with their dog's facebook status for some reason.  Yeah, I could see myself deleting that.  Maybe even warning that user.  But just because someone tried to help you and you deemed it as useless doesn't mean us Global Moderators should be at your whim deleting it.

Besides, the useless posts add character to a discussion anyway and body.  Even a dog update. :P

Perhaps I'm being retarded, but how are any of those links you posted relevant? One is from 2003 and has one reply which says 'did you find an answer?'. And the other is from which is from 2004 is just a posting of code.

If you find the fact that people make an honest effort to help you bothersome, maybe you should look elsewhere for answers; I hear Google is pretty popular these days.

When the question is unclear, or if there is the possibility a better, more efficient way to do something exists, then I will ask for clarification every single time. On reading your statement, "We have multiple websites that use a slightly different form, but they all collect firstname, lastname, email address and zip code.", your post sounded like all these websites belong to one organization, hence my suggestion that all forms simply insert into one database, rather than going through the convoluted nonsense of sending and parsing emails, then inserting the results of that into a database. If you were paying attention, and reading for comprehension, you would have noticed that when the fact was brought to light that these web sites were not, in fact operated by the same organization, I no longer persisted in suggesting the aforementioned method.

Regarding your second post in this thread, I found a PECL package and merely suggested it in your second thread on the same topic. Nothing more, nothing less. I did read the basic information about the package, and thought you just might find it useful. Of course if you don't take the time to research it yourself, you'll never know. Now you're going to whine that I stated up front I wasn't familiar with the package? Get a life.

I absolutely will not apologize for making a good faith effort to help someone on my own time and without any expectation of compensation whatsoever. If you want guaranteed answers, you should subscribe to a service and pay for them. Get off your high horse, and get over yourself. If you were that good, you wouldn't be here looking for someone to write code for you free of charge instead of taking the time to investigate and learn things on your own.

If any of the moderators have a problem with the way I answered your questions, or anyone else's for that matter, I'm sure I'll hear it from one of them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.