Microsoft acquires Skype - but what else do they own!!

titan21

Hang on. All of these 'subsidiaries' are countries. Are you trying to say Microsoft owns countries like China, Russia, United Kingdom, United States, Germany etc.? Microsoft is an evil company yes (see my signature), but come on now.

And I've noticed France is in that list, but they are the leading country in the open source fight and in fact got rid of all Microsoft products a few years ago.

Lol, this got me intrigued so I investigated further. Here is an actual list of companies that Microsoft owns or has merged with or has a stake in (no countries that I can see):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Microsoft

I find this interesting:

October 24, 2007 Facebook[note 33] Social network United States $260,000,000 [219]

[33] ^ Microsoft acquired a 1.6% stake in Facebook.

Not that Facebook really needs the money is it.

[oops, quoted instead of modifying]

Lol, this got me intrigued so I investigated further. Here is an actual list of companies that Microsoft owns or has merged with or has a stake in (no countries that I can see):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Microsoft

That is what I was looking for actually - could you do me a favour a stick a comment on the blog for me with the link?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.