A little off topic..

freelance84

I hate hate traffic wardens..

They speak to you in such a patronising way.. like they get a kick out of people being over polite in the hope that a ticket will be waived... the guy had a 4 day old scruffy stubble, black teeth and clearly over weight! I really felt like giving him of mouth full ending with "Get a real job!"..

An excerpt from this forum found through this yahoo answers thread:

If I return to my car whilst the ticket is being issued but drive off before it can be either handed to me or fixed to the vehicle am I still liable?

This depends on who it is issuing the ticket.

If it is a council parking attendant then, to be valid, the ticket must be either handed to the driver or fixed to the vehicle. If you subsequently get a Notice to Owner you should write to the issuing council, explaining the situation, and ask for it to be cancelled. If they will not cancel it then appeal. Although the adjudication services do not categorise types of appeal anecdotal evidence suggests that between a third and a half of all appeals are for this reason.

However, if you return to find a police officer or traffic warden in the process of issuing a ticket then, if you drive off, the ticket can be sent to you as they enforce under different legislation.

So in other words, if it's just a council parking attendant at a car park or likewise, then get in and drive like hell ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.