Rate the site

phporcaffeine

What do you think of http://ohiophp.com ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of http://ohiophp.com ?

• I think it's awsome!
    • Great!
    • Pretty Cool
    • It's Okay
    • Whatever
    • Not so great
    • It sucks

The site isn't completely finished yet but the theme and purpose of the site are well established and I am trying to get the word out about http://ohiophp.com as much as possible.

I look for the unfinished areas of http://ohiophp.com to be finished in the next week or so.

Thanks for voting, I appreciate it!

Well, the one thing I would be aware of (as I have to do it for my site too) is too much javascript.

I just turned javascript off and tried to view your site, and I couldn't navigate past the main page. :(

However, very little (1-10%) of people actually turn JS off.

2 on the front page, haven't looked past there:

[color=red]Flexabilty is the goal, and PHP reins supreme. [/color]
[color=green]Flexibility is the goal, and PHP reins supreme. [/color]

[color=red]In terms of software, "open source" means that many people from different locations can [b]can[/b] contribute to and further the development of a single software title. [/color]
[color=green]In terms of software, "open source" means that many people from different locations can contribute to and further the development of a single software title. [/color]

Actually, in that context, the correct spelling of "reins" is "reigns."

[quote]PHP allows web servers to render more than just static HTML, it facilitates dynamic content and interaction.[/quote]
Run-on sentence

[quote]PHP is often associated as a web server script interpreter; but that is like calling a battleship a canoe.[/quote]
Poor usage of "associated"

[quote]Only Rasmus Lerdorf himself could truely tell you[/quote]
You need "truly"

"Reins" is not misspelled if you're talking about the ropes used to control beasts of burden. If you're talking about a period of rule of, say, a king, it's "reign" as a noun, "to reign" as a verb, and "reigns" as conjugated in the present progressive. Your dictionary of choice will back me up on this.

Eh... I rated it "not great".

Reasons:
1) Half of your navigation links to other sites.  What's the point in that?
2) The other half of your navigation links to areas of the site that don't look anything like the site.
3) You have zero content in some areas.
4) I was on the site for at least 5 minutes and I still don't understand what it's about or what the name has to do with anything?
5) On a submit of a blank contact form, it just goes back to the index.
6) No maxlength on the input fields of the form.  That's not good security.
7) Table Layouts.
8 ) For whatever reason while viewing your site with Opera, the hour-glass continues to be visible on several pages.  It's like you have a JS script stuck in a loop or something and I'd be willing to bet it's your menu.

Need I go on?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.