My new monitor!

trq

A little bit excited. Bought myself a new 20" LCD since my 19" beast was giving up the ghost.

Thought Id'e take the opertunity to take a picture or two of my setup at home. The new monitor is taking pride of place in the centre, my firewalls monitor (to the left) has been upgraded from an old 15" to my dying 19", my webserver (iMac running Gentoo) sits under the desk, my laptop is there and then, my gf's winblows machine (to the right).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oh you got a dell 20". We use those at works and their great. I too recently bought a new monitor.

Though only a 19" WS monitor, I love it, replaced my old 17" CRT Mitsubishi that took up like half my desk!

Image can be seen here: http://tingram.ca/blog/Finding-an-LCD-Monitor:-Samsung-941bw

[quote author=ober link=topic=120925.msg496815#msg496815 date=1167919217]
Nice... although I'll never understand the desire to have the widescreen.
[/quote]

I personally [b]love[/b] the widescreen for developing since I can see what the page will look like in higher resolutions without ever actually changing mine ;) ... I guess for me, it's the lazy way out.

thorpe, very nice, man. I'll be looking to get a big screen to hook my laptop up to for dual at home in a few months (once I pay off the laptop lol).

[quote author=thorpe link=topic=120925.msg496843#msg496843 date=1167922258]
20.1" on a laptop? Thats feaking huge! Must be like carrying a surf board around.
[/quote]

Heh... yeah well I guess it is quite heavy...

Images taken with my cell phone's (crap) camera.

[attachment deleted by admin]

i've got a 40" one.

jk

as for my monitor, i'm still on a bog-standard 15" here. When I'm in serious need of extra desktop space, I just boot my mac up and plug my PC monitor in and voila - dual screen.

I will be upgrading soon though, to at least a 17 or 19, but that'll wait til I get a whole new computer within a month or two. It's the resolution that's my concern rather than the actual physical size.

Thorpe, that's some setup you have!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.