PHP OOP forum?

to me, the "no coding help" kinda tends to be more implying the general, run-of-the-mill sort of problems with PHP. I've not seen (or had any problems myself) specifically posting code of classes - the type of questions that come up with regards to OOP technicals tend to involve discussions/advice about design patterns, structure, etc - which most definitely fall within the remit of the App Design board.

IMO, there's always a danger of having too MANY boards which just confuses people as to the best place to post specific topics.

that's a possibilty. or maybe just a change around of description/title for the App Design forum - mainly due to the regular helpers and the nature of the problems within that particular forum.

PHP Help tends to be for your regular everyday coding hints. If it's gonna be a child board of anything, then maybe App Design rather than PHP Help would be better. Most of the App Design topics tend to have an "OOP" theme to them anyway, so just kinda follows suit

I for one am against child boards... they don't get used and I think it's a waste of time.  This topic came up in the past and what it boiled down to was the fact that not many OOP questions are posted, so why seperate them?

I for one am against child boards... they don't get used and I think it's a waste of time.  This topic came up in the past and what it boiled down to was the fact that not many OOP questions are posted, so why seperate them?

I agree -- despite my best efforts to categorize on the MySQL boards, it's simply not going to work; maybe 4-5 different icons representing topic "types" would work, but I doubt it too, for the same reason.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.