Totaly off Topic But...

mattison

I personally use transcode, not sure if they have a version for Windows though...

sorry that was a random moment in my Posting, lol.

on the google ones, do you have to upload the file? to get it changed? because its a whole movie, and that would take hours

Ummm... They meant search Google for an application, not that Google has a web application for video conversion.

You Could Try Google For That and Stop Beginning Every Word With A Capital Letter As Well Or People Will Think You're Crazy And Ignore All Your Posts.

There seems to be a few people Who Type Like That.

Am i the only one who finds it damn hard to read? I can't quite put my finger on why, but it irritates me beyond belief. Surely it must also take a lot of effort to type like that?!

To all MODS: could my forum post be unlocked, because i just need to see what the best one is. the one called 'forums...' thank you

There was probably a reason why it was locked. I doubt they'll open it again.

i locked it because it's been asked loads - one topic of which you actually replied in yourself, mattison. the topic served no purpose other than to create yet another topic to sift through and/or to boost your post count. you also already asked me via PM to unlock it to which I answered no - please drop it now - your failure to listen to the people who are trying to keep this forum clean of junk is annoying.

end of subject.

Vegas 6.0 get it in best buy. Less than 100 dollars. Your simply bring the avi out and then render it again.

YOu can't change the file name you need to convert it or as the correct word is "render" it again.

If its less than 10 megs I can do it for you. PM me.

mplayer is awesome.

To decode a video with mplayer:

$ mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg:file=filename.yuv path_to_file.ext

Note: very large files will result.

To encode the video to MPEG, with a video bitrate of 800 kbps and 24 FPS with mencoder:

$ mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800 -ofps 24 filename.yuv

It's the same for audio files, just use mplayer to output the raw audio to a file. Something like this:

$ mplayer -ao pcm:file=filename.wav path_to_file.ext

And I've never encoded audio with mencoder, but I imagine it's not very difficult at all.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.