I love php :)

bilis_money

bahahaha! who lied to you? I had a .net class in college and PHP outpaces it by FAR!! BAHAHAHA!

well, i have a system here made using .NET it has a desktop system that connects to its website.

under ASP.  ;)

I don't want to belittle this .NET i know there are many things that PHP can't do.  :D

each languages has weakness also has strength and specialty.  ;D

Err..if you say so.  Personally, and until someone else around here whos knowledge i fully trust tells me otherwise, I got the impression that .NET was the weaker of the two languages when it came to PHP and .Net.  I didn't see anything in .Net that I couldn't do in PHP in some form or fashion, nor did I like the syntax, nor was it better on my server.  PHP was much more easier on my test server than .NET.

Err..if you say so.  Personally, and until someone else around here whos knowledge i fully trust tells me otherwise, I got the impression that .NET was the weaker of the two languages when it came to PHP and .Net.  I didn't see anything in .Net that I couldn't do in PHP in some form or fashion, nor did I like the syntax, nor was it better on my server.  PHP was much more easier on my test server than .NET.

As far as I was aware, .NET is a framework in which programs written in languages such as C#, J# and VB can be compiled and interacted with. It works in a similar fashion to Java in that it runs in a virtual machine type environment. I think it's equally (if not more) used in the desktop environment as well as the web.

You're not thinking of ASP(.NET)? are you Ron?

I do have to disagree. ASP (.net) is better. It HAS the ability to interact with C programs as well as create web applications that wouldn't be possible in php. Although php is powerful, asp far beats php. Many sophisticated sites use ASP because its industry proof. While php is the programmer's baby.

Yeah, I'm thinking of ASP.NET, was that not what he was referring to?  I figured since he used it in the same post as PHP, he would be referring to the web language...and I thought PHP could interact with C...and didn't I see something that you could create desktop applications in PHP? Nope, that was XUL. My bad. Anyways, I thought PHP could interact with C?

Yeah, I'm thinking of ASP.NET, was that not what he was referring to?

I"m referring to ASP.NET in short all stuffs in .NET.

Ok let me give you an idea again PHP can interact with C.

but .NET can interact with C#, VB and etc.

Just imagine that, now which is powerful?

as you can see C# is OOP, while C is only procedural, well?

But again if you want fast and practicality, no one can beat PHP.

But if you have time and money .NET is the solution.

I hope you see the difference between the two.

and lastly, I LOVE PHP  :D

My experience is that that .net object model is so convoluted I can usually write the same thing in PHP in a fraction of the time. Not only that, the php version outperforms the .net one by a factor of (approx) 3.

See http://www.php-editors.com/contest/1/49-read.html

.net does have some advantages over php however

- programming for different output devices (PC, PDA, phone etc)

- web services

to name but two.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.