Wish List 2007

hcdarkmage

I know a lot of people don't celebrate Christmas, so we will call this the "What I REALLY, REALLY want before 2008 starts" list.

The first on my list is THE hardest thing to get in stores, but if your willing to pay over inflated pricing online you can get . . . the Wii.  Love it.  Want it. Can't afford the internet price.

Then the rest just goes down hill.

2. New car.  One that will ac... fit my little family and isn't a gas hog.

3. The Orange Box - X360 or PC don't care which.

4. More Legos.  Can never have enough.

5. HDTV set.  Pricey, but a reasonable request.

Last but not least, a better computer.  Mine is about to kick the bucket, but my wife doesn't believe it is time to upgrade.  We've only had it for 5 - 6 years.

What's on your wish list?

The first on my list is THE hardest thing to get in stores, but if your willing to pay over inflated pricing online you can get . . . the Wii.  Love it.  Want it. Can't afford the internet price.

Well, I don't know how hard that is to get. Best Buy gets about 3 shipments of them per week, and I could easily get my hands on one. :)  Granted I work there, so I don't know how much harder it is for a normal customer.

2. New car.  One that will ac... fit my little family and isn't a gas hog.

You don't need a car. You'll only kill yourself.

3. The Orange Box - X360 or PC don't care which.

Ummm....The Orange Box isn't that good, IMO.

How old are you?

5. HDTV set.  Pricey, but a reasonable request.

Hmmm.......

Last but not least, a better computer.  Mine is about to kick the bucket, but my wife doesn't believe it is time to upgrade.  We've only had it for 5 - 6 years.

What is wrong with yours that you can't get new parts???

So, it seems like you don't want much for christmas.  I hate people who want everything, or only want expensive shit.  I asked for a new watch, new pair of sunglasses, and this shirt that I seen in a store display.  Other than that, whatever my family chooses to get me is their own choice, and I don't want them to get me more. 

I've got two things in mind - one mostly for utility, and the other for pure fun and entertainment.

Winter in the Upper Peninsula of MI is cold and snowy, so warm clothes are essential. I've got everything but a warm shirt, so this year, I asked Santa for a flannel shirt. (Well, I actually told my mom to ask Santa - that usually works. Sometimes he doesn't get the message in time, but I gave her plenty of time, so I'm confident that she let him know.)

And like hcdarkmage, I like to keep track of the more child-like side of myself, so I've arranged a 50/50 deal with my parents for an RC helo with realistic movement. I predict this will be very difficult to learn - there are three elements of control in a helicopter, and you usually need to manipulate more than one at a time, and occasionally, all three. For example, to move the helo forward, you need to increase collective (collective controls the angle of the rotor blades) and move the cyclic control (pitch) forward. Precise coordination is essential - without it, the craft will behave very differently than you intended. :) (I've always loved helicopters. They just seem so fascinating, hovering there in the air.)

How old are you?

As an uncle of mine said while flying his favorite stunt kite: "If you ever catch me growing up and not just growing old, just give me a good kick."

On the same subject, I just made this up: You don't need a second childhood - just keep the first one around.

I want a George Foreman (type) grill....I want to eliminate fried food from my diet in 2008

They're so good, he put his name on it! Apparently...

they're fantastic. just don't look at the drip tray in too much detail, else you'll feel sick at what you've been eating BEFORE using it :)

on a side note: considering the effort that's gone into the grill, anyone have a clue why the drip tray is a flimsy little plastic thing that you have to put under the front, rather than something you clip on or something?

reminds me of positioning a bucket under a leaky ceiling.

How old are you?

As an uncle of mine said while flying his favorite stunt kite: "If you ever catch me growing up and not just growing old, just give me a good kick."

On the same subject, I just made this up: You don't need a second childhood - just keep the first one around.

Age should not matter when your having fun with the "toys" you get!  I am 30 and I still like to break out my Lego kits, just to keep my mind creative.

my wish hmm.. TO get a decent client that will offer decent salary. it pretty hard to find one when you're on the other part of the universe

unlike the other member who posted here i wish i could have something to spend this coming Christmas  :-\

I don't understand people who want to get an HDTV! What is wrong with you ppl? Does it really matter if the image is just a bit better? I have a 10 year old tv and I love it!

I hope that T.V. supports cable or Dish, because in 2009 When everything is Digital HD, That T.V. Will be junk.

There is a converter coming out for old TVs when the cut over is coming.

I don't understand people who want to get an HDTV! What is wrong with you ppl? Does it really matter if the image is just a bit better? I have a 10 year old tv and I love it!

I hope that T.V. supports cable or Dish, because in 2009 When everything is Digital HD, That T.V. Will be junk.

There is a converter coming out for old TVs when the cut over is coming.

Really??? Cool... I don't know anyone who has antenna any more... My neighbor doesn't have cable or dish, but he has HD...

Digital HD - ha! You're funny. And how many channels actually give you hd? - Less than 20%? I'm not stupid so I won't pay outrageous prices for things that give you just a bit better image quality that I don't give a crap.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.