Constructive internet time

AndyB

The question is, is that site serious? or just for fun? or joke?

I think if you check the 'press' information, it'll be clear that it's deadly serious.

The real solution is that food aid (which that is) isn't a sustainable answer to the problem. It's great as a short-term, stop-gap, measure. As a weapon against poverty, food aid is essentially useless.

without the kids they wouldn't need to hunt farm as much.

less people to feed is less work feeding the people.

adding people to something doesnt make it easier to feed them because you add people it adds the amount needed

One of the reasons there are so many kids* is because of prostitution [also an AIDS cause].  No money?  There's always a way to make some.  Vicious cycle, eh?

*I haven't actually researched this, so it could be counter-intuitive, but I've heard there is a lot of prostitution when I have researched AIDS stuff, and common sense would say kids go along with it too.

Well, obviously the rice is only to improve the famine problem. Having rice will not get rid of corrupt dictators/governments. Having rice will not unite former rivaling tribes that was put into countries made by the former colonial powers.

sorry to bring with up but you know all that rice is just gonna be stolen by bandits and not get to the people who need it

(brother in the marines.. he sees it happen all the time)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.