Desktop SS

Lamez

Holy crap, how many macs do you have? How many total computers do you have?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because i'm insane

nah i pretty much  know alot of people in decent places like big companies who upgrade their comps and dump the old ones at really low cost to me so its hard to pass them up..

the macs all came from a local college that upgraded to newer macs so they were giving the old ones away at like 10 percent of what they were worth

they are decent none run under 2 gig of ram(the vista machines all run 4)  i total out at 3 tera of space for all the harddrives (internal)

nothing too amazing tho.. one mac is my personel comp (desktop) 

8 gig ram 500 gig harddrives

then my main pc

4 gig ram 500 gig harddrive dual core i think 3.  not too sure  its been awhile since i checked it its upstairs ha

the linux machine sucks but i use it for browser testing on websites

the linux machine is sweet its a compac desktop from like 1997  some lady gave it to me cause i explained it wasnt worth updating

so i threw linux on  it  works really way better then i thought it ever could but still its from 1997  i pulled almost every part except the motherboard out and rebuilt it in its case so it looks  like crap

the linux machine is sweet its a compac desktop from like 1997  some lady gave it to me cause i explained it wasnt worth updating

so i threw linux on  it  works really way better then i thought it ever could but still its from 1997  i pulled almost every part except the motherboard out and rebuilt it in its case so it looks  like crap

Pictures of the machine?

:D I love mine! This is just my center screen (dell 3007 @ 2560x1600)

http://fc87.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/292/f/c/New_Desktop_by_Hex8.jpg

My other displays run the background grey to dark-grey gradient, so nothing interesting on them.

What O\S are you tunning? I would assume one of Apple's!

Vista Sucks, why am I the only one running XP?

Im running XP Pro. I hate vista, and the home edition doesnt allow RDC to come into your computer, so I got pro. :D

I hated Vista when I first got it.  2GB more RAM and SP1 later, and I'm fairly indifferent about Vista.  There are actually somethings that are better on Vista.

+1 for Vista. I think it's a great OS. Much prefer it over XP. Only downside I found was some games didn't run. Turns out it was my drivers fault though, got this 3rd party patch and bobs your uncle.

Again... VISTA FTW! :P

So I am thinking about turning my old windows 98 machine into a linux server on my windows network. The only problem is, the hard drive(s) equal up to only 2gb. So I might go out and buy a 120gb for the server, and do like thorpe suggested, and download debian, and no desktop. Then config it! Sound good?

You may ask, "only 120gb, you will need a lot more", well no, I will use the server only for hosting a small website, my music, oh and some other files.

Well, I have multiple computers at the house, and the original plan was to have a server to host all the music\files, so all the

windows machines, would have music. So, I was going out to buy a 120gb harddrive for the old box, but my Jeep broke down on the

way to school. So I might to put it off, unless I can get a ride. Then I might use another old box, someone gave me, to host

the website. Oh ya, the other box (the one to host the website), only has a 5gb hard drive. So I could use the 120gb, maily for file sharing, and the other box to host the website, since the website does not take up much space.

I have also done some researching, and debian has a great installer, it has tons of options, and it takes up very little hard drive space.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.